Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #175609  by barefootdave

Subject: Moriarty Wolf 005 from 2007

Hello all,

I purchased this amazing guitar from John Ruklick in 2013 and have loved every minute of owning it! If you are looking at this listing you likely know how truly rare and precious this guitar is. Matt Moriarty essentially created the market for “just exactly perfect” Jerry guitars, and his work is still what all others aspire to achieve.

After purchasing, I had Ruklick send this directly to Matt Moriarty himself for a tune-up and to have the original badge (on the back of the headstock) replaced with a new one bearing my name. Matt also put it in a new Ameritage custom case before sending it on to me since the old one had some scuffs - the case itself is a work of art. Since then the Wolf hasn't left my home for any reason.

Since I hardly ever play electric these days, and have a couple of others that have more sentimental value from my band days 25 years ago, it's time for this one to go to a new home - along with a few other very cool items that will be revealed over the next few days.

This is the same guitar that was pinned to the top of this forum years ago after being stolen from Ruk, who eventually got it back.

That original thread is here:

viewtopic.php?t=9554

You can see more photos of Moriarty Wolf #005 here

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/qfnuiawy ... ddgqe&dl=0

There are a couple of videos on YouTube of this guitar with Ruk playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPFsxnJPGKM

This exact guitar was actually featured in Vintage Guitar Magazine years ago:

https://www.vintageguitar.com/moriarty- ... rs-wolf-5/

Condition: Used, very good - all original w/ no modifications
Body: Quilted maple back/top, purpleheart core
Neck: Flamed maple/purpleheart, ebony fretboard, brass nut, 9.5 radius
Nut: 1.650
Color: natural
Pickups: DiMarzio Super II, DiMarzio SDS-1;
Scale: 25.5
OBEL and Buffer are original
Case: New custom Ameritage case from Moriarty

I am asking only $8,900 and the shipping is up to you - it will be sent from the UPS Store down the street from my home, or the FedEx location across town, whichever you prefer. Looks like Vic had one of these on his site for $1,000 more than this one, but it appears to have sold.

Local pickup is available also, I am about 30 minutes north of West Palm Beach Florida.

This will go to Reverb when I get back from vacation and the price will be higher at that point. If you buy it over the holiday weekend I can take it to the UPS store before we leave on Tuesday morning - I also have several opened Da Vinci strings and a pack of 10 Dunlop Adamas graphite picks I will include at no charge, if you are serious about this guitar you will know what those things are and why you would want them!
 #175610  by barefootdave

A couple of people have already sent PMs asking about the headstock - yes it has the original Irwin eagle which Matt stopped doing after the first few of these, there are pictures in the dropbox link in the listing - but here it is as well