#92751  by jahozer

Finally bought an amp. I had been looking for a while and was leaning towards a twin.
Its a 70 (I think) Fender Pro Reverb. All original. 45 watts.
The sparkle is just beautiful. I cant imagine having a twin with as loud as this freakin thing is.
I do have to say, though, that after A/B testing with my Ampeg SuperJet, I have more respect for the Ampeg. While the Fender is worlds more dimensional and sparkly, the Ampeg holds her own and will be a nice back up/ smaller footprint option.

I may swap the speakers, they are Utahs. The tubes are new, but I think everything else is stock. Gonna have my tech give her a once over.
But right now, I AM IN LUUUUUV!!!
 #92754  by caspersvapors

I got a 65, it came with GT 6L6s and I thought it was already pretty loud. Then I replaced em with Winged C's and it got even louder lol. Anyways I think my amp sounds way better than my bandmates Showman
 #92795  by jahozer

Just checking in to say that I FREAKING LOVE THIS AMP!!!!!
Its just beautiful.
 #92805  by CoolBreeze

Hey jahozer-

I am not familiar with these amps at all- I did some searches, and I'm getting all kinds of different results- do you have a pic? I'd love to hear more on this one-

BTW- Congrats!
Bruce
 #92809  by hogan

I've got a '66 Blackface one. Its a pretty sweet amp.
 #92810  by CoolBreeze

Nice! I had heard the amp referenced by name - but never was aware of it's make-up.

So-
A Fender with:
40 watts
Reverb
and 2x12s

That's perfection!

Enjoy-
Bruce
 #92817  by tigerstrat

Scott Law plays one of those when he plays electric.
 #92838  by rugger

Here's mine. It's a '66 or '67, I forget which at the moment. It's got the original brown and gold Jensen C12N's in it. Don't get to play it a ton, but the other day I stuck a tube screamer in front of it and plugged in a Jazzmaster loaded with Lollar P-90's. Tone Heaven! I'm a bit of a tinkerer so I'm constantly changing up amps, guitars and pedals--not always successfully lol! But this was a winning combo. :-)

John in San Diego
 #92871  by jahozer

I am running a 79 ES-335 into it. I have been A/B ing it with and without my board. Teeny Tiny high end roll off going through my effects, but its fairly bright as it is so its still very nice. It loves my AM TS9 Silver.
I can post pics, but it really just looks like a fender.
Its really just what I wanted. That Fender sound at lower watts, and a nice price.
I would not have any trouble playing a gig with this baby, and if its thaaat big of a gig, It would be mic'd anyway.
 #92874  by zambiland

I love these amps. They used to have tons of them cheap at the Cambridge Musician back in the day and I always thought I'd get around to getting one, but then they jumped in price in the early 90s. Oh well.

Enjoy it!
 #97261  by squire758

a guy at some open jams i hit around town uses one of these and they are very very nice. i envy it so much bc it is thee happy medium between a twin and a deluxe reverb. he always uses this amp with a vintage fender reverb unit I love just as much
 #97295  by SarnoMusicSolutions

The Fender Pro Reverb is hands down the must under-rated Fender amp of the bunch. 2-12" so it voices just like a Twin. 45 watts so it's usable for mortal humans compared to the Twin that in most cases is a brutally loud monster, although when doing the super clean, high-headroom Jerry thing or pedal steel thing, the Twin is quite often appropriate. But as a guitar amp you can really light up and make sing, the Pro is fantastic. I just scored a '69 Bandmaster Reverb head which basically is a Pro Reverb head but with the added midrange control on the reverb channel. I did the full Jerry mods to it and it's quite amazing sounding. As long as I run it within or just up to its power limits, I gotta say it's the shizz..

B