Talk about the recent Tours
 #144141  by Searing75

Yup. I'm 39. Saw my first show in 1993, but have seriously heard, felt, and deeply experienced many shows before that time!
 #144142  by James-T

Mailed away today. We live in Canada but my wife and I were in Seartle for SCI and she bought a US stamp. The key ingredient to the mail order for us Canucks. So I'm at work and scanning FB and it was lit up with colored envelopes. I was going to take a pass.

But I went. Ah shit. I can do one of those. Sf and one side NYC on the other and the Windy City in the middle sitting on a bed of roses. I was right back to my high school years and now I'm stoked for the venue. Never been to Chicago home of the blues. And the posts here have me stoked. Read an interview with Trey today. He's been listening to a lot of 69, 70 and 71 shows and playing along and in a few weeks will start hanging out with Wier. Just the two of them at first.

Wier has really stepped up these last few years taking on challenging tunes with Further and knocking them out of the ball park.

There will be a lot of great vibes. It won't be anything like Phish's Coventry. Which I also went to. Gonna be great when I paint my masterpiece.

Peace,

James

https://m.facebook.com/groups/163583863 ... =829598970
 #144186  by alcorelectric

Poor Peter wrote:
dleonard wrote:Strum where am I going for deep dish?

Lou Malnatis. The Best. Period, end of story.
Nancys The best deep deep dish
T
 #144189  by bluemule

When we went to the post office here in naperville. there was a head ahead of us buying a $900 money order for the show and another behind us with the cryptic mailing instructions printed out. When we talked to the postal worker he recited instructions about buying the money order like he was at an amusement park. I'm not too hopeful to get some tix. Hopefully my kid's fire on the mountain crayon drawing will get noticed.
 #144192  by dleonard

bluemule wrote:When we went to the post office here in naperville. there was a head ahead of us buying a $900 money order for the show and another behind us with the cryptic mailing instructions printed out. When we talked to the postal worker he recited instructions about buying the money order like he was at an amusement park. I'm not too hopeful to get some tix. Hopefully my kid's fire on the mountain crayon drawing will get noticed.
I also had someone buying tix in front of me at the post office. You think we're in trouble for getting tix? Me and mom would be devastated! GDS TOO site mentioned something about notification of tickets but didn't seem clear. Will they notify by 2/12 when pre-sale starts?
 #144196  by jefkahn

As of today (Jan 23, the fourth day since mail order started), dead50.net says:
"Mail Order is over for these performances"
Clearly they know all of the mail order tickets will go to those who sent in their envelopes right away. I highly doubt anyone who sent them in after Tuesday has a prayer.

From the sound of things, about a billion people did mail order for these shows. It's hard to know how many really did. Good luck to us all.
 #144204  by James-T

I saw on FB that someone said the youtube envelope instructions had 55,000 views by the first day to mail in. I was not one of those views and I mailed in.

It's not scientific, but it is a good indication that a lot of us mailed in. I colored mine out of a faint hope the coloring gods would intervene and catch someone's eye.

Like how do you do a lottery with 55,000 envelopes? It's not the lotto with an attractive model reading off numbered golf balls dropping out of a machine, nor will it be computerized random code generator. I'm not sure they thought this one through, and no doubt it being the corporate world they will owe tickets to Ticketmaster, press, family, and of course Stubhub - who is probably secretly owned by Ticketmaster. :shock:

Peace,

James
 #144239  by strumminsix

alcorelectric wrote:
Poor Peter wrote:
dleonard wrote:Strum where am I going for deep dish?

Lou Malnatis. The Best. Period, end of story.
Nancys The best deep deep dish
T
Lous? Yuck.

Nancy's is ok.

Pequod's = hands down best. The aforementioned have scores of chains around the city. Pequod's = just 2 cuz they do it right not for the masses.
 #144242  by dleonard

Appreciate the pizza tips. Planning on getting to Wrigley for the Friday afternoon game as well.
 #144243  by TI4-1009

Well, my old brain is having a real yin/yang with this whole thing. On the one hand, I've been going to Dead shows since 1969, through all the incarnations through last year. This looks like "it" for the core four, it feels like a pull to "be there" the end of long strange trip that has been the core of my life for a half century.

On the other hand... I feel just about no interest in being there. It's a very strange feeling. I'll be just fine watching on TV or the DVDs, I really don't think- at this point in my life- that I'd enjoy the madhouse zoo that this is going to be. I'd feel about 10% better about it if JK or Kimock were going to be playing, but that's about it. The scene that I grew up with got out of hand after the Touch of Grey crowds got into it. I could deal with it once or twice a year in order to get my fix, but it got less and less enjoyable in the latter years. I was really only there for the music, and the scene was getting in the way of the music- at least for me.

I can't imaging Chicago being anything other than a huge logistics nightmare, a mega parking lot scene, and a show with a guitarist that I can't really relate to sitting in the chair.

It's what the boys were able to come up with to make it happen. It deserves to happen, there should be a 50th-year omega show to cap things off, and I really hope everyone who goes has a blast. Just not going to work for me.

Harumph.
 #144258  by vwjodyme

Estimated 350k ticket request! Hopefully they reward my coloring attempt
 #144262  by strumminsix

dleonard wrote:Appreciate the pizza tips. Planning on getting to Wrigley for the Friday afternoon game as well.
Nice! That should be a lot of fun! I'm a White Sox fan but Chicago visitors should goto Wrigley for a game if they can!!

Also consider the museums! Science & Industry is always interesting. So is Art Institute and Shed Aquarium!!

If you make your way out of the city by Ohare for whatever reason hit me up!!
 #144263  by dleonard

strumminsix wrote:Nice! That should be a lot of fun! I'm a White Sox fan but Chicago visitors should goto Wrigley for a game if they can!!

Also consider the museums! Science & Industry is always interesting. So is Art Institute and Shed Aquarium!!

If you make your way out of the city by Ohare for whatever reason hit me up!!
Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to it.
 #144277  by brbadg

Love to go to Wrigley,problem is the Orioles are playing the White Sox that weekend!