name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #124642  by AlabamaDidn'tGetAway
 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm
I've been a lurker quite a while, lots of good info and nice folks on here. Thought Id register so I could post from time to time. I'm 56, live in North AL, been a fan since forever. Esp Jerry. Was never on the bus, but I caught the Dead every chance I got when they came to Bham or Atlanta. My first GD album was Mars Hotel, in high school. Bought it cause I thought the cover was cool. 1st listen went "huh?' , but it grew on me quickly. Later in college I caught my 1st shows during the Blues For Allah period, became more familiar with the catalog, esp Old and In the Way as I've always loved bluegrass.

I enjoy playing along to the Dead at home, on both acoustic and electric guitar. Dont get the chance to jam with others on the Dead much, other than OAITW stuff in bluegrass bands, as most other musicians either don't get the Dead, or don't want to do the work required to do them right.

So, if any of you guys are close to me (Huntsville/Decatur area), Id love to get together and jam on some GD. I love Jerry the most, but if I was in a GD cover band, Id probably do better at Phil.

My stuff:
Acoustic: Upright bass, D28, Recording King 000, Regal Dobro, Gibson RB3 Banjo, Gold Tone open back banjo, couple of cheap mandos, an old fiddle, Electric: MIM Strat, partscaster tele, Gretsch 5120 Elec, Epi Korina Expl, Carvin DC100, SX P/J bass. Amps: SWR WM12 w Carvin 1x15 ext cab, Peavey Artist 240, SF Bassman, Crate Vintage Club 2110, Mustang 1.
 #124644  by ebick
 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 pm
Welcome.

Is that Decatur, Alabama?

If it's GA, then I can hook you up.
 #124647  by AlabamaDidn'tGetAway
 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 pm
ebick wrote:Welcome.
Thanks. Nice to be here, ebick.
Its Decatur, AL.
I'm sure theres a lot more GD players in Decatur GA than here!
 #124652  by tcsned
 Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:38 pm
Welcome aboard! It's good to have another bluegrass picker in the fold.
 #124674  by ebick
 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am
AlabamaDidn'tGetAway wrote:
ebick wrote:Welcome.
Thanks. Nice to be here, ebick.
Its Decatur, AL.
I'm sure theres a lot more GD players in Decatur GA than here!
Right...well, you said you saw them in ATL, and I didn't know if you maybe had some dual residence thing going....oh well
 #124679  by JonnyBoy
 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am
What's up Alabama! I'm next door to you in MS. We play in Starkville MS here and there dunno if that's far from you. The next one I think is April 16-17 at Zorbas. Glad you're here, the southeast needs some more representation! Welcome!!--JB