When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #122020  by tcsned
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am
I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
Image
 #122021  by strumminsix
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am
tcsned wrote:I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
Image
Who is that? Black Crowes dude?

If so I'm shocked. Dude looks like he aged 25 years since he was on tour with Phil.
 #122026  by Rusty the Scoob
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am
strumminsix wrote:
tcsned wrote:I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
Image
Who is that? Black Crowes dude?

If so I'm shocked. Dude looks like he aged 25 years since he was on tour with Phil.
Can't tell much by that tiny/grainy picture about his age, other than the Touch of grey in his beard - pretty understandable for a 45 year old.
 #122028  by FretfulDave
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm
Looks like. The next picture on that Flickr page pretty much settles it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanetobin ... otostream/

Casal playing Wolf and Robinson at the mic with his guitar on stage with the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.
 #122029  by tigerstrat
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 pm
Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
 #122031  by tcsned
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm
tigerstrat wrote:Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
Or the proper cabling
 #122033  by RiverRat
 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm
tcsned wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
Or the proper cabling
I bet he doesn't even have to proper Bear Speaker Clips either...
 #122048  by mgbills
 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 am
You know...and this is hard to admit...
...I'd kinda like-ta play that Wolf guitar...even with the wrong cables, and no OBEL.

The magic flavor sprinkle speaker clips almost capped it for me as a no-no, but I'm just barely on the side of wanting to give Wolfy a rip or two.

I know...I know...pick on me if you want. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #122049  by Tennessee Jedi
 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am
mgbills wrote:You know...and this is hard to admit...
...I'd kinda like-ta play that Wolf guitar...even with the wrong cables, and no OBEL.
I would be all thumbs but it would be a blast
:smile:
 #122056  by paulinnc
 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm
Does anyone know who is the actual owner of the wolf these days? I thought it was bought by some guy in a Chicago based band that I can't remember for the life of me.
 #122059  by Mr.Burns
 Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 am
According to Waldo's site, Dan Pritzker owns Wolf. According to Forbes, he also has $1,600,000,000, which makes him one of the richest people in America. So, I'm guessing it's unlikely he would sell it. He should get together with Jim Irsay and jam. :D

I googled him and discovered he wrote and directed a film about Louis Armstrong. I bet it would be cool to be appallingly rich and do whatever kinda crazy shit you want, like buy Jerry Garcia's guitar or make a flippin movie about something you're totally into. Wtf...