#175124  by PaulJay

Hey, does anyone use an Eminence Deltalite 12 inch in there amp or cab, in place of a JBL? Or any other neo that gets close to the JBL D,E, or K 120.
Thanks Paul
 #175126  by Darkstar860

Gonna have to try that Jensen Neo you have mentioned. Id love to shave off some weight, but i just havnt found a speaker other than my JBLs that does quite what i want it to.
 #175127  by PaulJay

I was Just wondering if anyone tried the Deltalite, because a number of years ago it was recommended to me by a longtime member who’s handle was love to boogie. He is unfortunately no longer with us. He was a very experienced amp guy and musician. He said that the Deltalite was the way to get close to a e-120 without the weight. Although it is considered a bass speaker or PA speaker. The Jensen sounds like it would be good but less wattage. Thanks Paul
 #175128  by Jon S.

I have no experience with the Deltalite.

To me, my Jensen Neo 12-100s sound closer to EVs than JBLSs. This being said, I agree with Bill, it's a great speaker.

I replaced my own E120 in its SSP 1X12 cab with a Celestion Neo Copperback. I kept the E120 until first trying the Copperback. After hearing it, I sold the E120. They're not identical. The E120 is richer sounding. But trading the extra 5-10% tone for losing 14 lbs. on my rig was worth it to me (I still have my K120 in a separate 1X12 SSP cab). YMMV.
 #175129  by mkaufman

Yes, Jason liked the Delta Lite II.

NOTE: make sure these speakers will fit in your cab. I have a cab with (2) Fenders. They speakers are practically touching, so there's no room for a larger speaker. My attempt to install Delta Lite II's failed because their frames are slightly larger than Fender frames.

ace
 #175132  by Jon S.

Yet again, size matters.
 #175134  by Chocol8

lbpesq wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:02 pm It ain’t how big your speaker is, it’s how your speaker moves!

Bill, tgo
If you can't fit it in, the motion never comes into play. :biggrin:
 #175135  by Jon S.

Stop it, you guys - I can't keep spitting out my lunch onto my computer! :p
PaulJay liked this
 #175137  by lbpesq

Darkstar860 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:56 pm HAHA! How did this thread get to this point ? lol

Come on, it’s not that hard to figure out!

Bill, tgo (who believes this thread can be interpreted to give the term “Speaker of the House“ a whole new - and arguably more accurate - meaning).
 #175138  by PaulJay

I am glad you guys are having some fun with my thread. It’s always good to
have a laugh even during these trying times.
Now what was this post about again?