#174880  by Darkstar860

to ask about Mayer haha :-?

https://www.jambase.com/article/john-ma ... M5vq_SrzHE

Just saw this post. DnC was hit or miss for me. I saw their first show in Albany and that was great, but 3 duds in a row. The energy was not there. It was better on this last tour but i did not go. Anywhoo.

What ya think about this amp hes using anyone have more details
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #174881  by Jon S.

Seems straightforward to me:

“… it’s pretty much a Dumble Overdrive Special with the overdrive circuit”

The one actual Dumble ODS I was fortunate to test drive pleased me less than the Bludotone at the same jam but (1) that’s just me, and (2) Dumble tweaked all of his ODSs individually for each client so it’s perilous to generalize too broadly from a sample size of 1.
 #174882  by Jon S.

As for Mayer, inside, he’s no different than you and I: a guitarist who loves the Dead’s music and upon being invited being invited by Bob, Bill, and Mickey to join their band, accepted the offer.
 #174883  by Darkstar860

Some people are weird. Im glad i got to see that Albany show @ my favorite indoor venue the Knick. They did a Stella Blue that was ridiculous. Tears man. ;-)

This past tour they brought the energy much more, i wish they had played CT. This summer all the CT shows are in Bport. The Meadows or the... Dodge? I cant remember... i call it the Meadows still, they usually had them but not this tour and not much going on this side of the river. Ever show that pops up is in Bport instead and thats 2 hours. May as well just go to SPAC at that point but weird Hartford is funny.

If you can find a link check out that Stella Blue, actually that whole first show @ the Knick. Unreal. Energy, freshness, exciting. Like this last tour sounded. I just wish Billy had been well or into maybe i should say, performing. But ive been seeing Jay Lane for years with Ratdog and he really stepped up this past tour.

:-)

A bid ya good night .
 #174884  by jackevorkian

Be sure to check out the Westville Music Bowl. Great place to see a show. Sadly Live Nation is trying to run them out of business and this summer's line up has suffered. But, I just saw Phil there and I saw JRAD not long ago.
 #174888  by Darkstar860

^ Yeah i keep hoping to get down there but have not had a chance yet. Hear good things. I know friends that went and like the place. Easy parking i guess. Rather go to New Haven (45 min drive) over Bport. Live Nation is killing the smaller venues sadly. Then they buy them out and either close them or ruin said venue.