name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #174228  by stunick0624

Greetings from the Pittsburgh area! I've been nourished by the music of the Dead and its bandmembers since 1971, my freshman year of college in Rochester NY. It was the glide from China Cat Sunflower into I Know You Rider off the Europe '72 album that firmly connected me, forever. Now fully retired I'm learning to play the guitar. One of my great joys is to play chords along to the tunes that fed me for years like Bertha, Ripple and IKYR . And I can slow walk the intro melody to Bird Song. Just lovin' it!
 #174229  by lbpesq

Well howdy Stunick, and welcome to the club. There’s always room for another head on the bus. I myself saw my first show in New York’s Central Park in 1969. Been playing guitar longer than that. Be sure to check out the “Guitar Tabs” link in the top right of this page. A great resource for learning the tunes. The Bird Song riff is a lot of fun!

Bill, tgo
 #174233  by TI4-1009

Welcome! One of my first Dead shows was 11/20/1970 at the Palestra at U of R. Epic- members of the Airplane showed up for a third set jam into the wee hours.