#98719  by tapestry

I had two tanks with my twin...the orginal 67 and a newer one. The 67 sound great, as always, but the connections kept breaking..like all the time! the other tans sounded like crap.

I went and rtied a fiew digital revebs and actually found one i liked. Its a DigiTech Xdv DigiVerb Digital Reverb with 7 Types of reverb. It works great! I used it at the MPT fest and I thought it sounded fine.

What do you all use and how do you like it?

Is there a way to fix my original tank and make it more "Heavy Duty" without loosing its awesome sound? Im not using it at all as the last time I tried to re-solder it, it stopped working all together.

Here is a clip of bertha:

Jerry setup warmoth > Waldos Buffer > DigiTech Xdv DigiVerb Digital Reverb > 67 BF modded twin > Mcintsh 2100 > JBL 120s in HT style cab.

#98729  by eric

hey man,
no idea on your tank issues.. but....there's a good thread on here from some of the pro's talkin about jer havin some serious reverb crashes live... saw it a while back...should be some good info in there....too bad only he could "pull it off"

Diggin the bertha !
 #98736  by SarnoMusicSolutions

All reverb tanks sound different. Some hardcore Fender amp guys will have a dozen old tanks to pick from. And vintage isn't necessarily the issue at all. You could take 10 tanks from early 1970 and they'll all sound a bit different. If you ever hear a Fender amp with a reverb tank sound you like, try to use that tank in your favorite amp.

The HUGE problem with most reverb pedals is that they're all digital. Your amazing, expensive, 100% tube/analog dry signal path gets destroyed by being digitally converted and passed thru the crap electronics. Even if the reverb character is nice. Some people are making reverb pedals that keep your dry signal path 100% analog and then merely blends the digital effect along side in parallel with the dry signal. This is ideal. Look into the "WET" reverb pedal. It's quite cool. There are others too. Strymon makes pedals that do this analog-dry-path thing too.

Brad
 #98737  by tapestry

So all of my stompboxes kill my tone (and everyone elses) as well?

I use the jerry effects loop into my effects and the FB-JR op amp mixer to blend the wet and dry. I do not have my reverb in the effects chain, but maybe i should move it there to get the mix with the 100% analog?

Guitar effects loop > FB-JR (wet Dry Mix) > effects pedals > FB-JR (wet Dry Mix) > Back to guitar > Volume Knob > Twin > Macintosh > HT Cab JBL E-120s

The FB-JR works great with my effects loop, i never thought of putting my reverb in it, but this is the first time ives used a digital reverb.
 #100381  by zoooombiex

If you are using a twin or another 2-channel amp like a fender, you can use Kimock's parallel reverb setup. You run your guitar into whichever channel of the amp sounds better to you. Then run a patch cable from the second input of that channel to a reverb pedal, set to 100% wet. Then run the output of the reverb into the unused channel on the amp. The volume control on that channel now becomes a mix control.

I don't have a jerry setup, but I do enjoy reverb and have had good results with this.

You can also try adding a buffer right before the reverb pedal (I like a Sarno black box or a Zvex SHO). It seems to isolate your clean and wet signals even more.
 #100382  by playingdead

Before I went all digital :shock: that's how I ran my Real Tube Reverb; two outputs off my preamp (Egnater M4 Twin/Deluxe), one went straight to channel 1 of my power amp, the other went to the reverb set 100 percent wet and into channel two of the power amp, volume set much lower. Very clean sound and easy to dial in with the channel 2 volume knob.
 #101061  by Phil Lesh101

tapestry wrote:I had two tanks with my twin...the orginal 67 and a newer one. The 67 sound great, as always, but the connections kept breaking..like all the time! the other tans sounded like crap.

I went and rtied a fiew digital revebs and actually found one i liked. Its a DigiTech Xdv DigiVerb Digital Reverb with 7 Types of reverb. It works great! I used it at the MPT fest and I thought it sounded fine.

What do you all use and how do you like it?

Is there a way to fix my original tank and make it more "Heavy Duty" without loosing its awesome sound? Im not using it at all as the last time I tried to re-solder it, it stopped working all together.

Here is a clip of bertha:

Jerry setup warmoth > Waldos Buffer > DigiTech Xdv DigiVerb Digital Reverb > 67 BF modded twin > Mcintsh 2100 > JBL 120s in HT style cab.

good stuff got anymore! :lol: