#97996  by Pete B.

I'm a huge fan of David Torberts singing voice tone.
Interstingly, he is playing a Strat on Wild Northland... I can't see who is playing bass on that one... Mathew Kellly maybe.
I am also a huge fan of Robbie Hoddinott's lead guitar playing, and these vids show him playing some nice solo's.
Very Cool.
:cool:
 #98002  by jester536

Also a big fan of Robbie H. Years ago...ok 35 years ago... we had a tape of a show at My Father's Place. First I had ever heard of Kingfish. We all thought they said Robert Hunter on guitar...for a while there I thought that Hunter could really play a mean Tele. Live and learn. Hoddinott is amazing. From what I understand a very bad drug problem...not sure if he is still alive...but that rhythm section and his playing made for some amazing grooves.
 #98158  by Emoto

jester536 wrote:Also a big fan of Robbie H. Years ago...ok 35 years ago... we had a tape of a show at My Father's Place. First I had ever heard of Kingfish. We all thought they said Robert Hunter on guitar...for a while there I thought that Hunter could really play a mean Tele. Live and learn. Hoddinott is amazing. From what I understand a very bad drug problem...not sure if he is still alive...but that rhythm section and his playing made for some amazing grooves.
He went to prison for a while on something drug related. I think he's out now.
 #113193  by ndrewoods

Pete B. wrote:I'm a huge fan of David Torberts singing voice tone.
Interstingly, he is playing a Strat on Wild Northland... I can't see who is playing bass on that one... Mathew Kellly maybe.
I am also a huge fan of Robbie Hoddinott's lead to play guitar, and these vids show him playing some nice solo's.
Very Cool.
:cool:
^ Same here. Both guys are really great in their craft. Thanks for sharing the video clip. It is worth watching over and over again.
Last edited by ndrewoods on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #113202  by jester536

Thanks Smolder. Just did this ...there's a short vid and it just looks like Robbie's telling people he's still alive. Would be very cool if everyone here commented on this vid. He gave a lot and a little thanks might go a long way. Tell your friends...tell your family...lets get this thing to go viral.
 #149375  by hamstergirl4444

Hey Guys,

If anybody is interested Robbie Hoddinott is very much alive...he has health problems that are fairly serious, but his spirits are up, and he's looking forward to playing again. We set up a FB page for him about 3 weeks ago, and I know he'd love to hear from people, so send him a FR. He's online weekends only - but I run things for him the rest of the time, so FR me if you wish under Joyce Koller.
Look forward to hearing from ya'll :)
Joyce