Chat about Equipment Info
 #97303  by inthedark

I have a 70's big green MXR delay pedal that has recently developed a buzz when the pedal is turned on. When the pedal is bypassed (turned off) the buzz goes away. I didnt know if anyone knew of a repair place in the Connecticut area that would be able to take a look and hopefully repair the pedal?

Thanks
 #97305  by inthedark

Actually found the issue. I just got a Pedal Pad Pro II Pedal Board w/ the Power Pad unit (to power my Pedals). Im using a 6 outlet adaptor to power the MXR and EH Qtron. The Qtron doesnt hum through this setup, but the MXR does. When i plug the MXR directly to the wall (still wired with other pedals) the noise is gone. Weird i have 9 pedals on the board total and only one (and the older pedal of course) isnt working right with the Power Pad. Any thoughts ?

-Walt
 #97307  by inthedark

mkaufman wrote:My Pedal Power has jumper switches to choose between Ibanez & Boss effects, as not all effects expect the same DC power.

mk

Mine is the Power Pad II Pedal Pad by MKS. I dont see little dip switches. Do i have to open it up? As i said i got a 6 outlet power strip connected to the AC out which powers the EH Qtron and MXR Delay. Im curious if because the MXR is the only pedal i have that is 3 prong, maybe thats causing a grounding issue ?
Last edited by inthedark on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #97309  by inthedark

In all i have

Input - *Boss TU-2 - EH Qtron - *MXR 70s Dist+ - *Boss BD2 - MXR 70's Delay - *Guyatone MD3 - *BBE Boost - *T.C. Electronics HOF reverb - Amp

* powered through 9v outs on Pedal Pad
Bold - Powered by AC out to 6 outlet adapter