Chat about Equipment Info
 #90083  by erock

monroe wrote:ON the H-H-S, I was told to ask sales. I didn't call back to talk to a sales rep since I've already placed my order.

On the cavity, I found out through my own research that they actually make the main cavity big enough to fit the buffer, so for that part I should be good to go. They do add a 2nd cavity for the 9v battery with a nice battery door. I called about that, and the support rep transferred me to talk directly to the builder who is building my guitar. I thought that was pretty darn cool of them to let me talk straight to the builder. Unfortunately, he told me that adding the 9v cavity would mean I'd have no warranty at all, so I opted out of it. The main cavity should be big enough to include the 9v, and they do sell the battery door on the parts section of their site for $9, so I could always add it later myself.

not that $9 is that expensive, but me being a cheap ass, you can get them for $3 here
http://guitarheads.net/products/electronics/9vbox.html
 #90448  by vwjodyme

can't see your pics, but if they are the one with 3 humbuckers it looks like his avatar is the same guitar with only two...must have had the middle added aftermarket
 #90474  by gr8fulbluz

i checked out a bit and he does plan on adding the third 'Bucker. So it is either a pic of what it will look like or actual after modification. I think he just got it in October
I do have regrets not getting the DC150 myself but the I wouldn't have the piezo in the bridge, ah well.
A link to great pictures of the DC150 in question.
http://carvinguitars.com/bbs/viewtopic. ... highlight=
 #91230  by monroe

Made my last payment on the Carvin today! It's now all bought and paid for. Maybe that'll speed up the build process. A guy can hope, right??
 #91828  by monroe

Woohoo!!! Woke up this morning to find an email from Carvin in my inbox with a UPS tracking number ... My guitar is on the way!!! Scheduled for delivery on Wed. 1/12, the exact date on my card .. YES!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 #92127  by monroe

Sorry, too busy picking my jaw up off the floor to get any pics!!! Holy cow this sucker is SOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Looks amazing, plays like a dream, and has fantastic tone! I promise to take some pics tonight! :cool:
 #92138  by Jon S.

Hey man - it's tonight! :-)