#85366  by Grateful Dad

Hey T,
I've learned alot about the history of the Ibanez guitar tonight. I'm glad you were online here tonight. The models with the EQ tone system seem like the ones to hold out for but if a good deal on a 2619 comes along with the Super 80 tri-sound pickups I may go for it.
I'll let you know.
Good chatting with you!
Dave
 #85367  by mkaufman

The 2619's & AR300re's are excellent but very different guitars.

I'm a long-time vintage Ibanez fan so if you need any information, I can help.

btw....I have (2) 2619's for sale. PM me and we can discuss details. I'm near New York City.

mk
 #85460  by Grateful Dad

A question for Ibanez connoisseurs....... :?:

I may be splitting hairs but I am curious to know if anyone has ever heard of or exprienced any significant quality difference between the Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Indonesian factories that produced the vintage AR mobel and MC model guitars in the mid to late seventies and into the early eighties?

:?:
 #85461  by Tennessee Jedi

Dave from some stuff I have read and forgot I think there was one factory in particular that made many models under different Co names. High quality stuff from that one I think ....
Maybe someone can shed some light on it.
Good luck man
If you are as a good a Bob as you are a Phil then you are on your way ....
:D
 #85466  by Grateful Dad

mkaufman wrote:You want the vintage MIJ FujiGen Gakki built guitars. Most of the guitars from the Golden Era (late 70's / early 80's) came from here. The vintage MIJ models are killer guitars.

mk
mk,

Do the guitars from that factory have serial numbers that start with the letter "C"

Ex: C791234 (the C is the factory designation, which in this case is the Fujigen factory, the 79 is the year and the 1234 represents the 1234th guitar built that day. Would that be the correct way to read the serial number of a Fujigen made guitar?

GD
 #85487  by Tennessee Jedi

oh yeah MK .... in the item description it mentions being made at the factory .... thats why I bring it up .... little write up on it -kinda generic though ....
:smile: