#84914  by strummingturtle

asked some questions about jbl speakers and introduced myself and was deleted not sure why. I was told this topic has been discussed before. It seems just because something was discussed does not mean everything was said that ever could be said on that topic. There are always new thoughts, experiences and discoveries and new people with new opinions. Seems if someone has nothing left to say about a topic they should just ignore the post instead of deleting it. Would love to here other peoples thoughts so I may have a better understanding of this website.
peace
 #84916  by Pete B.

strummingturtle wrote:... I was told this topic has been discussed before. It seems just because something was discussed does not mean everything was said that ever could be said on that topic. There are always new thoughts, experiences and discoveries and new people with new opinions....
The Forum Fuzz (self appointed or otherwise) like to keep these "new thoughts" you speak of grouped-together, presumably so that others with no knowledge of the Search feature won't miss anything.
...And then there's the "Type-A" fellers (I'm more of a "Group-W" guy myself).
:hail:
 #84917  by tcsned

I have no control over such things but over the years a lot of topics have been discussed. I haven't been around that long and have done the same thing on occasion. If you search for a topic and find something that is relevant to you inquiry you can post the question to that thread. It will then appear at the top of "view active topics" and everyone who replied to the thread will see it at the top of their posts. If this is indeed going to be a useful information resource, keeping topics to one thread is a good idea. That way there aren't multiple discussions of the same topic in several different places. If you have a question about a popular topic like Mutron's, Fender Twins, JBL speakers, etc a good search might yield the info you needed.
 #84919  by strumminsix

You can blame me. I saw 2 posts by you asking the exact same question about JBL D k or E in 2 separate threads that had nothing to do with JBL speakers.

This has been discussed thousands of times here.

Use the search functionality.

I also sent you a private message.

strumminsix (from the Group W bench with father rapers)
 #84923  by bodiddley

strumminsix wrote:You can blame me. I saw 2 posts by you asking the exact same question about JBL D k or E in 2 separate threads that had nothing to do with JBL speakers.

This has been discussed thousands of times here.

Use the search functionality.

I also sent you a private message.

strumminsix (from the Group W bench with father rapers)
`

Father Rapers? Did I read that correctly or is that a typo? I feel like Sean Connery just picked a category on SNL celebrity Jeopardy.
 #84924  by tcsned

bodiddley wrote:
Father Rapers? Did I read that correctly or is that a typo? I feel like Sean Connery just picked a category on SNL celebrity Jeopardy.
its a quote from Arlo's Alice's Restaurant - though I'm sure strummin was only there for litterin' a creating a nuisance. :lol:
 #84925  by strumminsix

tcsned wrote:
bodiddley wrote:
its a quote from Arlo's Alice's Restaurant - though I'm sure strummin was only there for litterin' a creating a nuisance. :lol:
Well that and possession of shovels and rakes and implements of destruction
 #84933  by strummingturtle

thanks for the clarifications. Makes sense still not sure why someone feels the right to delete someones thoughts. seems rude, some written advice would seem to be a more polite approach.
strummingsix not looking to blame anyone just looking to learn and understand.
Peace
 #84934  by strumminsix

strummingturtle wrote:thanks for the clarifications. Makes sense still not sure why someone feels the right to delete someones thoughts. seems rude, some written advice would seem to be a more polite approach.
strummingsix not looking to blame anyone just looking to learn and understand.
Peace

Seems more rude to think you should cross-thread and make multiple posts to ask the question without even searching like you are owed an answer.

You did get written advice, I PM'd you.

Isn't it oxymoronic to call someone rude and entitled then close with "peace".
 #84977  by strummingturtle

just trying to figure this thread out. I just said it seems like a rude action. I do not have any bad feelings toward you I do not even know you. And I do wish peace on you and all. I believe nobody is forced to answer any questions here. Sorry I did not mean to cross thread or make things difficult, maybe my learning curve is greater then yours. It is okay to have a difference of opinion and still be respectful and kind.
thanks for this site. I am here because I love the music of jerry garcia and I do not have any bad intentions.
RUKIND
 #84978  by Pete B.

Oh Man, unless its like... "Oh Man that was a rude nose wheelie... are you alright?" [following an overstoked nitrous hit] I don't think the word rude should be in the deadhead lexicon.
People... Settle.