Chat about Equipment Info
 #79890  by waldo041
 Thu May 13, 2010 5:46 am
Adam Deckard wrote:Thanks for the Idea Vic!

adam
very nice adam!!!
how does one get one for themselves?

peace,
waldo
 #79902  by Adam Deckard
 Thu May 13, 2010 8:04 am
Jack Straw is correctamundo. You can make these things as big as you want. Mine was 128 sheets of paper.

Kinkos 128 sheet Wall of Sound - $11.00 (the printers at staples suck, and are more expensive)
three rolls scotch poster tape - $10.00

playin althea on my free wurlitzer (craigslist) in front of wall of sound - pleasing

adam
 #79910  by jester536
 Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am
Looks very cool...would it be possilbe to put them in such a way so as to no see the grid...or would that really be a major pain? But either way it still looks very cool.
 #80027  by mijknahs
 Fri May 14, 2010 5:18 pm
I think it was not only Jerry's guitar playing but his charisma and personality that people were attracted to. Like Phil said in court, "He was a cool dude". It was the whole chemistry with Jerry and the rest of the band that made it the Grateful Dead. Unfortunately, those days are over...
 #102756  by Nanba sempai
 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 am
jkstraw wrote:
waldo041 wrote: how does one get one for themselves?
Waldo - my guess is: http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

I’ve used this program before too. But I really don’t like this technique. Rasterbator makes posters with big dots. Now I use this poster creator to print big images. It doesn’t change the input image and print it with high quality.
 #102762  by cripeowner
 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 am
I agree about Furthur and the other formations just missing the energy and sound quality. Although I thought Jimmy Herring did a great job with "the Dead". I saw some orphium shows and when they did "Time" I said to myself huh? I was confused by the whole thing. The show was solid but I left feeling like I'm just not taking anything home with me. I felt empty handed. They have their moments and I will see them again and if 1 or 2 nuggets come through well then it's worth it. Beats a sharp stick to the eye anyday. Credit to Bob and Phil I hope to have that stamina when I'm in my 60s & 70s
 #102780  by jmfranc
 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm
Anyone have a LARGE image of the wall of sound? I can't find anything wider than 1200px wide on Google. Hoping for bigger if possible. Would like to cover my entire office wall with it. Thanks!