#973  by pharewellphish

anybody hear keller williams playin comes a time? its great. he leaves out the words come out like angry steam part. but its awesome. and anyone know any dead cds w/ it on it? i havent ever herd the dead play it

#991  by LazyLightnin

ive seen keller live here( cleveland) at nelsons ledges, playin w/ darkstar orchestra, and they did an acoustic version of comes a time, cause the power went out on stage. the song can be found on jerrys studio album "reflections" . im pretty sure thats the album. i have an excellant version of space>comesatime>throwing stones>gdtrfd on an '85 show. ill dig it out and give ya the date. love the song though. the version i have on tape is frickin gr8, puts most of their early versions to shame. specially the one on hundred year hall, that version sux.

-LaZy

"Who are the Dead, and why are they following me?" :wink:

#1003  by LazyLightnin

comes a time on 10/26/85 sundome tampa ,FL set II

-Lazy

"Jah children, stay away from war and strife, stop all the fuss and fight, if you want to live a good life"

#1446  by pharewellphish

thanks
 #1448  by jhc

pharewellphish wrote:anybody hear keller williams playin comes a time? its great. he leaves out the words come out like angry steam part. but its awesome. and anyone know any dead cds w/ it on it? i havent ever herd the dead play it
Best Come a Time (IMO of course) 5/9/77 - absolutely sublime.

#7063  by BlobWeird

Dicks Picks 29 has an awesome comes a time. The solo is one of the sweetest sounding solos of all time

#7064  by steve

Steppin' Out England '72 has a good version

#7065  by Shaggy

Listen to the studio version on Reflections, it has that amazing guitar solo. Sounds like a cascading waterfall of timeless beauty.

#7066  by tigerstrat

Haven't heard the Reflections one in a long time- I believe that's the GD in the studio posing as the JGB for that one...

Best CaT:
8/19/80 is a totally exquisite small-venue rendition with Jerry in fine voice ... with a fantastic solo, and perfectly melting outro jam...
I've seen 8/31/80's CaT highly touted, but I don't quite get it, it's kinda rough in parts... 8/26's is very pretty one I recently heard but the solo doesn't quite go over the top... neither approach 8/19's brilliance imho.

9/3/85 is a favorite of many, and has some real sweet moments and an unexpected happy turn in the solo...
the aforementioned 5/9/77 one is excellent as well.

HOLD THE PHONE: Listening to an awesome one from 5/10/80 Hartford right now!! Thunderous, sustaining intro, and the crowd goes apedookie!
OK... we have another contender from 1980, a very fine year for CaT's indeed!! The solo and the way he "whispers" into the close of it is awesome. Then some joker lights a string of firecrackers, semi-ruining the final verse. A GREAT version... omigod the outro is dream-tiffic. :smile:

Re:

#68181  by jeffm725

tigerstrat wrote:Haven't heard the Reflections one in a long time- I believe that's the GD in the studio posing as the JGB for that one...

Best CaT:
8/19/80 is a totally exquisite small-venue rendition with Jerry in fine voice ... with a fantastic solo, and perfectly melting outro jam...
I've seen 8/31/80's CaT highly touted, but I don't quite get it, it's kinda rough in parts... 8/26's is very pretty one I recently heard but the solo doesn't quite go over the top... neither approach 8/19's brilliance imho.

9/3/85 is a favorite of many, and has some real sweet moments and an unexpected happy turn in the solo...
the aforementioned 5/9/77 one is excellent as well.

HOLD THE PHONE: Listening to an awesome one from 5/10/80 Hartford right now!! Thunderous, sustaining intro, and the crowd goes apedookie!
OK... we have another contender from 1980, a very fine year for CaT's indeed!! The solo and the way he "whispers" into the close of it is awesome. Then some joker lights a string of firecrackers, semi-ruining the final verse. A GREAT version... omigod the outro is dream-tiffic. :smile:
5/10/80.......My first Dead show!..The CaT is AWESOME! We were 2 rows behind the guy who lit the firecrackers. My Dad went after him because the guy actually through them into a group of people (my dad took me to my first 4 shows, I was 12 and then 13 years old for - 5/10/80, 3/14/81, 5/11/81, 5/12/81) --

Re:

#68185  by pskept

LazyLightnin wrote:ive seen keller live here( cleveland) at nelsons ledges
still go out to the ledges? i try to go out there as much as i can.

Re:

#68197  by gr8fulbluz

LazyLightnin wrote:comes a time on 10/26/85 sundome tampa ,FL set II

-Lazy

. . .

i was at that show, throwing stones right after comes a time i think?
and. . .
Daddada, I haven't seen Keller in too long. New years resolution :wink: