#50134  by Touchofgrayson

This songs sick to jam on. I like throwin in some minor pentatonic/blues scales w/maj 3rds and 6ths, it sounds good over the B-->E progression. You can play around with a lot of different scales. Jer-bear uses mainly B maj in my fav version 2/26/77 w/lots of tremelo picking. Love this jam!
 #57772  by Viceroy

I've been trying to fiqure out some of the target notes that Jerry seems to use in his leads here( old '77 versions). he seems to target 3 or 4 note repetetions and works them like a new years eve hooker. I can see that the song is certainly in B mixo, and i am guessing that the E mixo mode can be used for those E chord intervals. do any of you Jedi's have any good pointers i could use to put this together alittle better? Is it the the D# , E and F# for the B?. . anyway, any ideas would be appreciated as always.
 #175016  by Stardarkashes

I recommend checking out the YouTube video by the channel StitchMethod Guitar
You can just put in in the search terms, the name of the channel and then “Sugaree” and I think it should pop up or click this link:
https://youtu.be/C9zQPGBmxBY?si=BMT0jrADCkTroHWx
He actually has a couple of videos about Sugaree but one of them is longer and that’s the one you want. I think it’s the longer one anyways and I think it’s master class in the mind of Jerry Garcia. And he breaks down some of the lakes Jerry uses one going from the five to the one. From the B to the E. . It’s a great video.
 #175018  by lbpesq

Reviving a 14 year old thread … I hope the OP figured it out by now!

hehehehe

Seriously, though, thanks for the resource.

Bill, tgo