Dm
Apples in the Fall
Dm                  C     
If I cant get that girl I love 
C                  Dm  
I dont want none at all

[code]

#26358  by shakedown_04092

FYI - Most JG tabs can be found in the section to the left under the header "Musical Sites", and Shady Grove is there.
 #40807  by shadygrov

This is how I like to it. It's not exactly like Jerry but close. I have never seen this tabbed out anywhere on the internet with the chords and melody so I thought this would be a good place to put it.
Code: Select all
|-----1---------0-------0---1-1---1-1-|
|-----3---------1-------1---2-2---2-2-|
|-0h2-2-0h2-2-0-0-------0---3-3---3-3-|
|-----0---------2---0h2-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
|---------------3-(3)---3----0-----0--|
|-Dm------------C-------Dm*-----------|

|-----1---------0----------------1-1---1-1-|
|-----3---------1----------------2-2---2-2-|
|-0h2-2-0h2-2-0-0-------0-2-0----3-3---3-3-|
|-----0---------2---0h2------2-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
|---------------3-(3)-------------0-----0--|
|-Dm------------C-------------Dm*----------|

*Alternate Base line G and D
The key to getting this to sound right is keeping your picking hand loose. I try to keep a constant strum the entire time but pick out the melody while letting the chord ring.

#40809  by weirimpressed

shadygrov's got the right idea, you have to incorporate the F into the equation somewhere,

usually I put it during
If I cant have the girl I love
part of the song

#40933  by shadygrov

That was the first thing I have tabbed out, so it might not translate exactly from head/fingers to paper. I definately sounds better than I could tab it. :?

I just went back on played along with the Shady Grove album. Your right, that's where the F is but I never actually switch to the F position. I play the F in the melody rather than switch the chord. I still get the base notes so I can still here the change. But I should have added that in there.

Thanks for pointing that out. I would be interested in seeing someone else's take on it.

#51386  by deadheadguitar

That seems somewhat close.. any elaborations anybody? I'm new to this site, but i've seen alot of real good stuff on here, and this is a real good song. If anybody has any idea how this is played either on the Shady Grove album, pizza tapes, anything, it would be much much appreciated to lend a hand :)
 #57621  by shadygrov

I too would love it if someone else had their take on it. This is just how I transcribed it and play it...always knew it wasn't like the Shady Grove or Pizza Tapes especially. Sometime when I hear this song it's two chords, other times 3. How I transcribed this was by picking out the lead melody and then playing the melody in the first position while playing the chords.
 #57626  by tigerstrat

I'd love to know where this particular minor key laid-back arrangement originated, because I learned it circa1990, off of a 1963 Bill Monroe bootleg where it is simply a I-IV-V in C major, played insanely fast.

Re:

#57627  by tigerstrat

shakedown_04092 wrote:FYI - Most JG tabs can be found in the section to the left under the header "Musical Sites", and Shady Grove is there.
FMI, Section where, to the left of what?
 #57631  by tigerstrat

jck_strw wrote:--Goto http://www.rukind.org
--left sidebar, Musical Sites
--Jerry Garcia tab

Here's the site it takes you to:

http://jerrygarciatabs.googlepages.com/
I guess that should have been clear, thanks to the both of ya. Gotta try a few of these acoustic chestnuts.