Chat about Equipment Info
 #51250  by acidrain30005

Does anybody know who makes Phil's new bass? I think someone sent a link of the company's website once on gearheads but I can't remember the name of the company.

Thanks a bunch!

#51252  by weirimpressed

Is that the bass he used at Rothbury and Atlanta this past weekend, it looks pretty heavy, maybe the design distributes the weight better for Phil's back.

#51254  by acidrain30005

Yeah he used it in Atlanta. Were you there?

#51264  by acidrain30005

Thanks Will!

I think its kinda cool looking. It has LEDs and lights up which you don't see too often.

#51265  by weirimpressed

that bass is sick, the LEDs are pretty cool too

I didn't make it to the Atlanta show, but from what everyone was saying, Phil should have closed instead of the Crowes! Acid, are you going to Bassnectar in Athens or Widespread in Atlanta this coming weekend?

#51267  by ker1227

i just saw phil and friend and ABB in raliegh, i was too far away(literally, not mentally) to see the bass but phil and friends was on FIRE. They def should have closed. Dont get me wrong,derek trucks and warren were amazing but damn if Larry campbell and jackie green didnt burn the stage down. I guess the bands rotate on the tour but it seemed like the ABB played twice as long

#51269  by paulinnc

There is a link to the builders site on The Philzone.com I checked it out. It definitely is different.

#51273  by hesgone95

ker1227 wrote:i just saw phil and friend and ABB in raliegh, i was too far away(literally, not mentally) to see the bass but phil and friends was on FIRE. They def should have closed. Dont get me wrong,derek trucks and warren were amazing but damn if Larry campbell and jackie green didnt burn the stage down. I guess the bands rotate on the tour but it seemed like the ABB played twice as long
I saw them in Charlotte the next night and not only did they tear it up, but they closed too. Whew! What a great show and I can't say it enough, but what a great way to start seeing shows after so many years abroad with none. Phil rocks, and I love the current incarnations of Friends...!
:cool:

#51291  by Tennessee Jedi

Thats a sweet design there....
looks like a spaceship ...
Whats up with the volume controls on the BACKSIDE of the bass ?
Seems odd .....

:cool:

#51362  by wisedyes

So was Phil playing this thing last night? If so, it definitely sounds good, but boy is it one ugly mofo ( imho ).

#51365  by jonarobb

wisedyes wrote:So was Phil playing this thing last night? If so, it definitely sounds good, but boy is it one ugly mofo ( imho ).
yeah, he had it last night. it's ugly but it sounds so good. he was on point last night. check out the intro to the other one....