#50649  by tigerstrat

Pete B. wrote:red
I think you mean
Code: Select all
red
:x
Last edited by tigerstrat on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#50653  by Pete B.

Woops!
You are correct, Sir!
Edited to reflect correct chords.

#50654  by Pete B.

CaptainTrips wrote:...My drummer is always on me about counting while I play though...
I would remind him that the goal is to never have to count it ever again, and just be able to play it as if it was as natural as any other time sig.

#50655  by tigerstrat

Pete B. wrote:Woops!
You are correct, Sir!
Edited to reflect correct chords.
upon reflection, edited to reflect your reflection. :D

#50661  by spacehead333

Is it bad not to count. I never really learned how to count. I usually just play by ear and know the wierd changes and what not. I would like to learn how to count though. Got an suggestions on how to start learning to count?

#50663  by tigerstrat

spacehead333 wrote:Got an suggestions on how to start learning to count?
Always be aware of the One (both of them, when playing TOO :smile: ) Know where it is, and where it is not. Know this, you must.

#50678  by JohnnyB

spacehead333 wrote:Is it bad not to count. I never really learned how to count. I usually just play by ear and know the wierd changes and what not. I would like to learn how to count though. Got an suggestions on how to start learning to count?

Oddly enough, I count with my teeth. :shock:

It works great unless you need to sing. Then adjust to tapping foot as needed. 8)

#50686  by pappypgh

Then, after you establish the "ONE", it's followed by a "two", typically. We'll get to the next few numbers later - baby steps. :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!! :roll:

#50692  by spacehead333

Very funny. Im talking about wierd times. What songs have wierd timings to learn them.

#50694  by pappypgh

spacehead333 wrote:Very funny. Im talking about wierd times. What songs have wierd timings to learn them.
No, no - I know what you meant....I'm just a cornball and can never resist cracking a terrible joke.

Ever play The 11? FUN!!!!

#50696  by BOUKINATOR

I avoid "counting" all together. Just focus on the riff you're playing and listen to the other members of the band. Eventually the rhythm becomes subconcious and then you become one with Bob Weir.

One with Weir... that is the answer

just ask Strummin'

:smile:

#50731  by strumminsix

BOUKINATOR wrote:I avoid "counting" all together. Just focus on the riff you're playing and listen to the other members of the band. Eventually the rhythm becomes subconcious and then you become one with Bob Weir.

One with Weir... that is the answer

just ask Strummin'

:smile:
I agree, correct and WORD!

Bouk doesn't count and it shows. :lol: :x :x

Personally, I think counting is either:
1 - you know it
2 - you play it

Some people get to 2 from 1. Others need to always count.

Sadly, I think everyone needs to know how to count even if they don't have to. Bouk has a good sense of timing and I'm guessing he doesn't count, but can!!

I'll say this about not counting - you will FUCK UP the return to the Bm on "Playin'" if you don't hit on the 14th...

#50760  by pappypgh

strumminsix wrote:I'll say this about not counting - you will FUCK UP the return to the Bm on "Playin'" if you don't hit on the 14th...
I think you HIT it on the 15 (count 14, then hit on the next beat, right?) :roll:

#50761  by strumminsix

pappypgh wrote:
strumminsix wrote:I'll say this about not counting - you will FUCK UP the return to the Bm on "Playin'" if you don't hit on the 14th...
I think you HIT it on the 15 (count 14, then hit on the next beat, right?) :roll:
Yes, sorry. Dammit. meant AFTER