#39724  by High Peaks

I just fractured my elbow and will be in a splint for a month. This will be the longest i have gone without being able to play since i began playing.I don't think i can do it. Just venting!

#39725  by Tennessee Jedi

Dude
Total suckage!
You should do what Les Paul did -
Have yer arm set in a playing position.
I think he was in a car accident or his caravan caught fire but anyway he had his arm set in a cast so he could still jam...
What happened to ya ?
Skateboard ?
Icy patch of ice ?
Anyway. use yer month off to study music by listening or watching U Tube , so maybe you will learn some new different angles to see music.Maybe check out some non guitar music or something real different than what you been doing....
Good luck man.
or spend yer time doing this ---> :D :D :D :D
Goodbye pain!

#39730  by CountryMile Cadillac

I cracked my wrist a few years back, and would take my splint off in order to play. With your elbow, you should still be able to play, just using your wrist (maybe not the first few days) but you'll get the Jones bad enouh to figure it out. Good Luck I know it sucks.

Well now that I say this is it your right or left arm, and which way do you play?

#39734  by High Peaks

Well first, i slipped on ice going down some stairs. Landed on a the concrete deck at the bottom with all my weight on my left arm. I play left handed, and my flat pick tp fingerpick ratio is about 1:1. So i will be pretty sluggish or a while. It just hurts too much today to even try. Im on some good pills though :cool:

#39736  by FairTheeWell

Suggestion:

Buy a Harmonica...sing the blues!!!

Best Wishes on a quick recovery!

8)

#39743  by SoulShakedown

Excellent opportunity to work on fingerstyle techniques.

Get well soon!

#41907  by High Peaks

Well, my arm finally feels good. i will wait for the 24th ( my next appointment) to be sure, but i think i'm ready to start playing again!

I'm stoked.

#41911  by IamDocWatson

im dealing with tendonitis right now, ive just been practicing my singing. my neighbors must hate me but i think im getting better already

#41915  by Dozin

Keep rehabbing that arm keeping it flexible. Summer is almost here and the time is right :wink:

#41917  by spilly

keep running scales with your good hand, you'll gain speed and you hammers and pull off will increase greatly. once your arm feels better start running wrist techniques like double picking, by the time your arms healed to were you can play fully, you should sound more like Jerry.

my brother is an amazing jazz drummer. at 18 he broke 3 vertibre and ruptured a disk in his back (skiing accident) one of the most bad ass things I've ever seen was watching his obvious pain as he sat at his kit just playing simple beats while he was healing.

Hope you heal quickly, in the mean time, enjoy the pain killers.