#39261  by frankielee

There are some people with way too much time on their hands that have to blame and point fingers at others so they don't have to look at their own miserable empty lives. Unfortunate and really :(

#39263  by CaptainTrips

Let people be . . . maybe they will come around.

I used to joke around with a buddy of mine who turned me on before I was on. He tried unsuccessfully for a lil while before I caught on.

I remember saying, very jokingly and probably rather drunk and stoned, that I was "grateful Jerry was dead"

I mean now I shudder when I remember saying that but it all ended up with me being on the bus for life so I guess its all good in the end.

#39270  by ebick

I think the most funny and intelligent cut onthe Dead I ever heard went something like this.

I was explaining to a guy who HATES the Dead about how the only surviving members are the rythym section.......the rythym guitarist, the bass player, and the two drummers.

His response......."They have two drummers?.....Oh, well I guess when every song takes an hour and half to play, that makes sense."

#39273  by strumminsix

Hmmm, a bit of a drastic reaction, eh?

Your devotion to the GD and reaction to it's attacker seems eerily
similar the attacker's devotion to God and reaction to devil lyrics.

#39274  by astroman99

All this time I thought I was in an unholy legion with the devil...you mean I'm not :?
I'm gonna start listening to another band then lie acdc :evil: ...

#39275  by AugustWest

That gave me a good laugh. I didn't have my sound turned on (being at work and all) so I was checking out the video. Thought it was funny how they didn't even write the entire lyric of hell in a bucket.

"I may be going to hell..... but at least I'm enjoying the ride." :lol:

You think they could have used a little more "Demonic" shot of jerry. He looks in good cheer on the video couldn't they use some of the faces he uses when he is way out during the eyes of the world jam from the grateful dead movie. Better dramatic effect I think. Then again I didn't have any sound on. :twisted:

#39276  by Tennessee Jedi

Thats major league bad Karma to make a joke about someones death and all the pain the family would go thru just so you can get cheap laughs on U Tube.
:evil:

#39277  by AugustWest

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Thats major league bad Karma to make a joke about someones death and all the pain the family would go thru just so you can get cheap laughs on U Tube.
:evil:
Damn, didn't know it was about people dieing. now I feel like a douche-bag.

#39279  by Tennessee Jedi

Dont fret over some jack ass's lame attempt at humor.
Dont even watch the 1st video as it will just put crap you dont want in your head.I only hope that the car was one used by the fire dept to practice on and that the camera guy was just making jokes - and not some family's nightmare.Very poor taste. :x

#39283  by Billbbill

So after thinking that accident one was serious I now see (after reading all the comments) it was some kind of lame attempt at humor. Pft. I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time.

#39325  by CountryMile Cadillac

The orginal video is silly. They pick two songs. Why not any the many of Biblical refrences in dead songs, or We Bid you Goodnight? Those fuckers.

Years ago I saw a list that promoted this same kind of thing from some group of zealots. I could tell they checked their work really well, as Bob Dylan made both the Good List (AKA the friend of God list) as well as the Bad List (the friend of the devil list).

#39326  by tigerstrat

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:Why not any the many of Biblical refrences in dead songs, or We Bid you Goodnight? Those fuckers.
...or "Cold Jordan", or "Drifting Too Far From The Shore" fcol.

RE: FOTD, the Devil HAS no friends would seem to be the intended ironic point of the lyric. Of course, irony is lost on many, including those consumed with ignorant hatred. Poor sad soul.