would you be willing to participate?

yes
50%
no
25%
WTF RU talking about?
25%
 #33621  by jjbankhead

is anyone here interested in getting on a beer exchange. some of the breweries mentioned from the great lakes and upper east coast are not available here, in California.

i would be down to do some trades, its a pain packaging and shipping the beer but i know it can be done.

i have access to beers from oregon, washington and of course california thru BEV MO and some local beer snob shops. plus my wife works @ trader joe's so i get deals there too.

if anyone is interested here let me know we could start a beer trade much like the tape trading of days gone by. best if we PM each other our info

please be of legal age so as not to get any one in trouble, plus you have to be able to ship a beer in return.

#33642  by erstwhileintruder

I would love to do a beer trade, ive been trying to find online communities that facilitate such a function... i found this while searching for some tabs, it makes sense that it should be at the grateful dead board. In CO there are alot of great micro brews, I am just now getting started on the proccess of aging beers, so i don't have much to offer in the way of aged beers. But like tape trading, you have a start somewhere.... also, anyone with any knowledge of the legalities of sending beer via USPS?

BTW Hi im new and i like your forums!

#33644  by strumminsix

This is not a forum rule only a personal one...

I'd advise against this. Two reasons:

1 - we have people under the age of 21 here

2 - when alcohol crosses state lines taxes become involved. People have gotten busted for shipping booze. The strangest thing I ever saw was a "bootleg ticket" my friend got when she shipped alcohol one state over.

#33652  by drums>space

some of the breweries mentioned from the great lakes and upper east coast are not available here, in California.
Theirs actually a brewery called "Great Lakes" Its in cleveland and i know they sell it all around ohio, im not sure about other states, but its damn delicious. try to get ur hands on the christmas ale, it literally tastes like the holidays lol

#33655  by jjbankhead

strumminsix wrote:This is not a forum rule only a personal one...

I'd advise against this. Two reasons:

1 - we have people under the age of 21 here

2 - when alcohol crosses state lines taxes become involved. People have gotten busted for shipping booze. The strangest thing I ever saw was a "bootleg ticket" my friend got when she shipped alcohol one state over.
well this is the the one loop hole i know exists around this knowing people who purchase "rare beers" on ebay. if you are sending "collectible bottles" you can get around it as its the bottles we are interested not the beer 8).

i don't want to rock anyone's boat so if the MODS/ADMIN are against it no biggie!

#33807  by jjbankhead

anybody who is interested just PM me will pm you who already posted interest

#33808  by deadguise

Let's say we're just collecting/trading the beer bottle labels...

#33810  by jjbankhead

deadguise wrote:Let's say we're just collecting/trading the beer bottle labels...
E zactly 8)

#33813  by bucketorain

couldn't you contact the breweries directly, express you interest and have them ship you a 24?

you all need to move to Canada if you like beer... we walk into our "Beer Store" and get to look at the "wall of beer" which is a either a bottle or can of what they are selling...usually a few hundred varieties.

the only thing we don't get is some of the good USA beer like Sierra.

#33818  by jjbankhead

bucketorain wrote:couldn't you contact the breweries directly, express you interest and have them ship you a 24?

you all need to move to Canada if you like beer... we walk into our "Beer Store" and get to look at the "wall of beer" which is a either a bottle or can of what they are selling...usually a few hundred varieties.

the only thing we don't get is some of the good USA beer like Sierra.
i have done that before many breweries wont ship to individuals who dont have a liquor license, i think either anderson valley or Hair of the dog are one of the breweries that will ship. plus

i don't know most of the breweries that exist up in the great lakes or upper east coast area outside of the ones that are sold in california already, for instance i doubt there are many people on the board who have heard of Kelly Bros; Hoptown; snow shoe; wizard (i dont think they exist any more but there beer was fantabulous); Bear republic there like many of the people who dont live in california don't know the breweries outside of stone or sierra nevada.

my brother in law is the president of the modesto mashers brew club and they meet other people from other brew clubs and do a similar type of trading system like i mentioned before. its just for fun. send a bottle or two of a certain brewery and receive a few bottles from another.

#33839  by krzykat

there are a couple micro brews around me, and most of the beer i like is from out of state (Bells and new belgium) but i don't know
 #33853  by nkarnes

Yeah Bell's is great. Check out their double IPA Hop Slam if you get a chance (it's not always in season.) And if you like Bell's venture another hour north to Grand Rapids and drink at Founder's they've got some very sick beer (alright so I'm a little partial, I've been playing there for years and a lot of my friends work there.) If anyone wants to trade shoot me an email. I'd be looking for some New Belgium or maybe some Victory or Dogfish seasonals that aren't available in Michigan. I'm sure they would make great collectible novelties.

nkarnes@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/uvhippo
http://www.archive.org/details/uvh2007- ... 9.sbd.flac
p.s. anyone from Michigan, come on down to Founder's on NYE for one great night of Ultraviolet Hippopotamus and friends (horns, extra drums, fresh rhymes and more.)
 #33864  by shakedown_04092

nkarnes wrote: p.s. anyone from Michigan, come on down to Founder's on NYE for one great night of Ultraviolet Hippopotamus and friends (horns, extra drums, fresh rhymes and more.)
You guys fucking rock and I wish nothing but the best for you - hope to see you touring New England (Maine, specifically) soon! :cool:

#33886  by XxRouninxX

ill tell u what we got the cape cod brewery down here and they make some killer beer.. has that clean-organic-homemade-noheadache-candrink50beers-and
smokeajoint-withoutgettingdizzy-orhaveahangover effect.

Plus we can go to the store and buy a half gallon for 13 bucks, then bring the jug to the brewery (like 6 miles from my house) and get a refill for 4 bucks (freakin sweet deal) mmmmmmm

i really dont like most commercial beers, buds, millers, coors, all that shit makes my head hurt and tastes like ass, but some real well-made beer is where its at (altho i really dont mind sam adams)