Talk about the recent Tours

#26632  by AugustWest

Nope and if I had to guess probably never a full "tour" ever again. The most I think we will see is maybe a terrapin station thing where ratdog plays a set, phil and friends, and rhythym devils and then they play one set all together. However I think the days going city to city for an entire summer is over. Nearly killed bobby last time. I do love the lot scene though when the core 4 get together for a show. However I haven't been really impressed with the music since they were "the other ones" The 2003 and 2004 tours weren't much to write home about imo music wise. Still good vibes, worth the price of admission alone I thought.

#26753  by Scary Pete

Seeing Phil tonight at the Tweeter Center (Camden, NJ its the closest place they play by Philadelphia) hoping it's going to be awesome!

#26785  by krzykat

Scary Pete wrote:Seeing Phil tonight at the Tweeter Center (Camden, NJ its the closest place they play by Philadelphia) hoping it's going to be awesome!
Just came back from this show. Phil blew it up Help> slip> frank encore. all around great show. Can't wait for the nokia

#26807  by Scary Pete

krzykat wrote:
Scary Pete wrote:Seeing Phil tonight at the Tweeter Center (Camden, NJ its the closest place they play by Philadelphia) hoping it's going to be awesome!
Just came back from this show. Phil blew it up Help> slip> frank encore. all around great show. Can't wait for the nokia
Yes it was an amazing show! Did he do acoustic at any other shows? The encore was great, I was wondering what was taking them so long, but they delivered!

#26812  by shakedown_04092

http://www.philzone.com has all the setlists, I know he's done acoustic at 2 other shows this tour, not sure if there's been any more.

#26819  by smile_smile_smile

tweeter center show was awesome...set three was kick ass...if it wasn't for set three i would've been very disappointed but phil pulled out the music last night pretty cool...phil loves PHILadelphia...help>slip>franklins encore, out of this world, me and my friends thought maybe box of rain, then we hear those opening chords, haha. Maybe the west coast heads should come out to see phil on the east coast cause he's on, found a groove with this band.

#26822  by Hajimemashite!!!

i was at the riv on the 6th and i gotta say that i went in with kinda low expectation but WOW it was great! started the 2nd set with an amazing playin. jackie green was surprsingly good. the only low points were the jackie songs, which werent bad, just generic.

go phil!

#26826  by Scary Pete

smile_smile_smile wrote:tweeter center show was awesome...set three was kick ass...if it wasn't for set three i would've been very disappointed but phil pulled out the music last night pretty cool...phil loves PHILadelphia...help>slip>franklins encore, out of this world, me and my friends thought maybe box of rain, then we hear those opening chords, haha. Maybe the west coast heads should come out to see phil on the east coast cause he's on, found a groove with this band.
likewise, it took them a little to decide the encore so I didn't know what to expect than he started playing and i was just like OH MY GOD THANK YOU JESUS I BOUGHT THESE TICKETS (i got tickets in section 104 (left of center behind pit) row G seats 1&2, far enough back that the sound was great, close enough that you could see them great! Here's two of my pictures I took on my phone, the others came out kinda blurry

anyone know where I can get hold of a copy on disc of this concert? i know www.munckmusic.com works for ratdog/thedead/allman brothers, but not phil

#26854  by High Peaks

thank goodness!!!! I'm going to see him at Glens Falls, and was getting nervous after all the shitty reviews. Im glad i held onto the tickets to hear that as the tour rolls on, it just keeps getting better and better

#26855  by shakedown_04092

High Peaks wrote:thank goodness!!!! I'm going to see him at Glens Falls, and was getting nervous after all the shitty reviews. Im glad i held onto the tickets to hear that as the tour rolls on, it just keeps getting better and better
Can't confirm, but I heard (could've been on this site) that Trey was coming out for that show. In fact, it might have been you High Peaks that said it! (maybe not)

Have fun!

#26870  by Long Distance Runner

Just saw Phil last night and I was really impressed. I really liked the lineup and thought that Larry Campbell and Jackie Greene fit in well. Started slow but really picked up. Got lucky and got to see them play three sets, one acoustic, like they've only done at a few shows this tour. Third set was killer. Place was smoky as can be. Here's the Setlist:

Set 1: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Deal, Mexican Girl > Scarlet Begonias > I'm So Gone, Turn On Your Lovelight

Set 2 (Acoustic): Lost Highway, Tell Me Mama, Deep Elem Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Big Mon

Set 3: Playing In The Band > Cumberland Blues > Uncle John's Band > Mountains Of The Moon > Terrapin Station > I Know You Rider

E: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower

#26874  by CaptainTrips

Dude, Im so psyched about this now. The early reviews werent too hot, but Im in now. Im gonna see him the 20th at Glens Falls Civic Center and would be so psyched if Trey showed up. Not a huge Larry Campbell fan.

#26875  by krzykat

Always have faith in Phil!