#175143  by telecowboy

As the title states, I've lost my last piece of "gold." I have a few Telefunkens which are not bad, as well as a bunch of the new formula Adamas picks which are alright but I don't really like. They sound different on the pick attack to me.

Is Telefunken the best 2mm graphite pick out there that is the most pure graphite? Do red bag Adamas picks still pop up here and there? I searched online for 45 mins last night and couldn't find anything outside of google images... Times are a changin'
 #175148  by Jon S.

Before I respond substantively: are you serious?
telecowboy liked this
 #175149  by Slewfoot2000

The originals in red packaging seem to come up every once in a while. Maybe once or twice a year online. Mostly luck of the draw if they come around and you’re able to grab them in time.

I’ve had good with the Piglet graphite picks and the new Adamas Dunlop ones are solid enough.

Hoping to one day find a thick graphite pick that is on the slightly wider / larger side. I’ve been using these vintage Gretsch that feel great. Piglet mentioned they might be doing a slightly bigger graphite pick designed for bass soon. We’ll see!
telecowboy liked this
 #175151  by mkaufman

I have (2) old Adamas picks. Not sure how old or if they're from a red bag. I don't think they were ever used.

Regardless, DM me your address and I'll send them to you.

ace
telecowboy liked this
 #175152  by telecowboy

Slewfoot2000 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 am The originals in red packaging seem to come up every once in a while. Maybe once or twice a year online. Mostly luck of the draw if they come around and you’re able to grab them in time.

I’ve had good with the Piglet graphite picks and the new Adamas Dunlop ones are solid enough.

Hoping to one day find a thick graphite pick that is on the slightly wider / larger side. I’ve been using these vintage Gretsch that feel great. Piglet mentioned they might be doing a slightly bigger graphite pick designed for bass soon. We’ll see!
Hello Slewfoot, from my research on this I've already read your posts with Jon S. comparing the Piglet and the tests you guys did. Very informative. I've been doing some A/Bing with my Dunlop Adamas picks and the Telefunkins that I have since then, and trying to grab them blind when playing like I read one of you guys talking about. Thanks for that info.

I have yet to try the Piglets but I'll look for a chance to grab some.

Interesting on the wide picks, I have to say I've really come to love the shape of the Adamas over the years. I still have not adjusted to the Telefunkin because of this even though I've had them a year or so. I think I prefer the Telefunk material/weight and tone over the Dunlop Adamas, but the shape of the Dunlop has been making me prefer them still because of familiarity.
 #175153  by telecowboy

Jon S. wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:42 am Before I respond substantively: are you serious?
Yes. I have plenty of Dunlop Adamas but they are definitely different. I have Telefunkin too which are also good. I'm sure the red bags appear every once in a while because I bought some a few years ago. I probably just got lucky because there are none that I can find online right now.
 #175154  by telecowboy

mkaufman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:02 pm I have (2) old Adamas picks. Not sure how old or if they're from a red bag. I don't think they were ever used.

ace
Hello Ace,

No need to send your last two, but I appreciate the gesture. If you do not use them ever and you want them gone, like this and I'll DM the address. If I can trade you for a Telefunkin' let me know!
 #175156  by Jon S.

I can only speak for myself. It's not in the "old graphite." The new Adamas and Telefunken picks are wonderful to my touch and hearing. In fact, you can hear them on most of my leads on both of my albums (for reasons not relevant here, I switched to mostly other picks for my 3rd which will drop in under a month).
 #175190  by mkaufman

telecowboy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:09 pm
mkaufman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:02 pm I have (2) old Adamas picks. Not sure how old or if they're from a red bag. I don't think they were ever used.

ace
Hello Ace,

No need to send your last two, but I appreciate the gesture. If you do not use them ever and you want them gone, like this and I'll DM the address. If I can trade you for a Telefunkin' let me know!
I'll never use 'em. Don't need anything in return.

ace