#172481  by jackevorkian

Chocol8 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:52 am
Phrygian wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 am Second question - was Jerry using the SG at this time?
Internet wisdom suggests Jerry was playing the “Alembic” peanut guitar in March and April 1971.
my favorite tone of his. the 71 fillmore run is as good as it gets.
carlo zakers liked this
 #172482  by carlo zakers

"Phrygian"

thanks for your comment :biggrin:

i'm using the "Transcribe!" program to isolate the guitar ... it essentially drops everything else out around the guitar

the remastered version of this song buries the guitar so deep that you miss all the cool nuances ... it sounds nothing like the vinyl record i listened to growing up

i actually eliminated the left channel entirely, and turned the right channel, with Jerry's guitar, into a mono channel, so it comes through both sides ...

i then further isolated him from the background, and boosted, the guitar sound, with Transcribe's cool EQ program ...

it sounds really cool on the next part of the song, as well ... "goin down the road feelin bad"... which i will TAB out soon ... you can hear all his little claw style finger-picking fills plain as day ... there are tons of things in there i had never noticed before, even after thousands of listens :biggrin: