#170653  by LazyLightning72

I wasn’t able to try it out last night, but plan to tonight. Just thought I’d ask about the connections to make sure I did it right.

I’m using a short patch cord until I get the speaker wire Tue.

Here is a picture of how I think it should be wired.

Here is what the “manual” says about the two jacks ( E & F )
It should be noted the speaker has been plugged into the Jack on the left (E)

I’m just double checking, before I turn the juice on tonight. I don’t want to fry something out of ignorance.

Btw-What is the difference between using a patch cord, and using the speaker cable I ordered?

Thanks everyone
 #170655  by lbpesq

Speaker cables tend to be a little thicker than regular guitar cables as they have to carry a little more current. Also, guitar cables have shielding, speaker cables don't. This can create a problem if the cable gets damaged, like a heavy amp being rolled over it, and the shielding touches one or both of the wires creating a short. At least that's how I understand it. And your hookup in the photo looks correct to me.

Bill, tgo
Last edited by lbpesq on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #170657  by LazyLightning72

lbpesq wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:24 pm Speaker cables tend to be a little ticker than regular guitar cables as they have to carry a little more current. Also, guitar cables have shielding, speaker cables don't. This can create a problem if the cable gets damaged, like a heavy amp being rolled over it, and the shielding touches one or both of the wires creating a short. At least that's how I understand it. And your hookup in the photo looks correct to me.

Bill, tgo
Thanks for the explanation, and verification on the hookup, Bill
That’s my new thing learned today.

Can’t wait to try it out tonight, I’ll let you all know my thoughts on it after I do.

Edit- Thank you also, wpmartin1979
We must have been posting at the same time
 #170659  by Gr8fulCadi

No you are not wrong. The deluxe amp wants to see a load of 8 ohms I believe, so you would plug the amp to the 8ohm input. The speaker out to the speakers.
 #170664  by LazyLightning72

Well , I ran it last night for several hours hooked up like in the picture.

I REALLY hope I didn’t damage anything! That’s why I asked to make sure I was doing it right. ( I am in no way casting blame at anyone, all the help from you guys has been invaluable ) I’m just very concerned about ruining a brand new amp, or the PS1, or both.

The speaker cable came today, so what, flip flop how I have it in the picture?

Now I’m worried I screwed something up.

It actually seemed to work like it was supposed to. I was able to crank the amp all the way to 10 and get natural overdrive tones ( from around 6/6.5 and up, more distortion the higher I went ) in fact it sounded pretty good.

Edit*
So the instrument cable I’m using in the picture, needs to go into the 8 Ohm Jack in the Bugera, and move the actual speaker’s cable up to the speaker Jack where I had the other plugged in?
 #170665  by Gr8fulCadi

I suggest reading the manual and understand what every input and output does.

Above I stated:

Amp output to ps1 input
Ps1 output to speakers

In your case, deluxe Reverb out to PS1 8ohm input. PS1 output “speaker” to deluxe reverb speakers
 #170666  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:48 pm I suggest reading the manual and understand what every input and output does.

Above I stated:

Amp output to ps1 input
Ps1 output to speakers

In your case, deluxe Reverb out to PS1 8ohm input. PS1 output “speaker” to deluxe reverb speakers
I did, there’s not much to them. That’s why I wanted to double check with people a bit more experience than myself.

Maybe it comes across that I am dumb, I suppose. But when I looked at page 7&8 of the manual, then the back of my amp (pictured above) it’s confusing.
https://d1aeri3ty3izns.cloudfront.net/m ... 273447.pdf
 #170667  by Gr8fulCadi

Now now now, I’m not implying that you are not qualified to operate this setup.. We were all there at one time. That’s why I responded from the get-go to help you along.

Unfortunately I didn’t see the posted pic of your hookup prior to you using the amp otherwise I would have chimed in to tell ya NO NO!

Hopefully no damage occurred to your amp.... rock on
 #170668  by LazyLightning72

I appreciate the help a lot.
No,
I don’t mean you made me feel like that,I feel dumb for not figuring it out without needing help.

I guess I need to go make sure I didn’t do any damage. I’m guessing, if the amp works properly, both the clean and reverb inputs, it should be fine?

I’ll also re do the cables, and post a picture, to make sure it’s hooked up correctly. Give me a few minutes to check the amp, and grab my camera.
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #170669  by LazyLightning72

Ok, I just unplugged the Bugera, and put the speaker cable back.

I played a few minutes through both Normal 1&2 and Vibrato 1&2 inputs. Checked all the volume, treble,bass, etc... everything sounded completely normal. The only thing I didn’t do was plug into my pedals, but I wouldn’t think they would have been damaged?

I took the cables and think I did them like you said, here is a picture of how it’s wired now.
The little patch cord(about to be replaced) I’m using till I replace it with the additional speaker cable I bought is plugged into the amp where the amp’s speaker used to be plugged into, and it runs up to the PS1 8 Ohm Jack, which says amp input. The cord from the amp’s speaker is now plugged into the PS1 speaker Jack on the top right, which says output.

Is this the way it’s supposed to go?

Again thank you!
Last edited by LazyLightning72 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #170671  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:06 pm Ahhhhh much much better. Now THAT’S wired correctly. Crank and enjoy!!

Amp should be ok, pedals don’t make a difference. Enjoy
Thank you sir!
Had a mini heart attack there for a minute. Thanks for the help, sincerely.

I wonder why it seemed to work wired the wrong way?

Anyhow, at least I can play, without worrying somethings going to get fried. Just enjoy myself, and see what this new unit can truly do