When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #168703  by paulinnc

Hey there,

I'm just curious as to what happened to Waldo. I noticed all of his posts are gone and he has not been here in quite some time. If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks
 #168705  by TI4-1009

Where to start....where to start......? :shock:

Let's just cut to the chase:

http://waldotronics.com/
 #168708  by paulinnc

TI4-1009 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:33 am Where to start....where to start......? :shock:

Let's just cut to the chase:

http://waldotronics.com/
I kind of figured there was something to it seeing how insane he got about having to know everything about Jerry's gear and the minutiae of every little detail and the constant need to correct people etc.
 #168715  by paulinnc

strumminsix wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:09 pm So if you figured. And have been around. And have a negative opinion of him.

Why start this thread? Is that kind?

Let it go.
I was just looking for a little clarity. He was a major contributor and provided a lot of really great info and when I went looking to refer back to some things, they were gone.
 #168722  by HeadSpace

In his time-honored fashion, he took his ball and went home. As I recall, the precipitating incident was his going on an especially vitriolic and public tirade against Tom Lieber, whom he considers a fraud.
 #168725  by HeadSpace

Post deleted. Sincere apologies hereby extended to the member I unfairly called out.
Last edited by HeadSpace on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon S. liked this
 #168729  by tntawney

Yikes, here we go again. I don’t think some can help themselves from being unkind and taking jabs. If you need help from Waldo just contact him through his website, Facebook, or Instagram.
 #168768  by strumminsix

Another angle to the story....
Mike is highly passionate. He dedicated so much of his life in pursuit of the facts and minutia of all the bits of info.

Despite him having his hands on the gear and measured himself and speaking directly and indirectly with Doug Irwin and studying schematics and gear and much much more.... Folks continued to question him, state parts of the whole were unrelated, embraced the old stories despite new information, and some purposely needled him. Mike pushed back, often firm in his word, and after this place felt wrong, left and hosted his life's work on his own site.
NSP, tntawney liked this