#168018  by LazyLightning72

I was having my doubts with it so late, but FedEx just delivered my box of goodies from Sweetwater. I’ll take some pics when I get it all out and start putting it together.

On a side note,
When I decided to get the PolyTune I had a credit with amazon, so I bought it through them. The pedal looks clean and new, except the display. There are these little scratches on it, I didn’t notice it until I got it under a brighter light. It’s works and everything, but I was curious if this has happened to any of you? Do new pedals sometimes have scratches like that?

To be clear, they are tiny, but a lot of them (and there is zero wear on any other surface, even the bottom) They don’t affect the readability of the pedal one bit. So should I ask for a replacement, or just chalk it up to things happen?
 #168019  by Gr8fulCadi

LazyLightning72 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:35 pm I was having my doubts with it so late, but FedEx just delivered my box of goodies from Sweetwater. I’ll take some pics when I get it all out and start putting it together.

On a side note,
When I decided to get the PolyTune I had a credit with amazon, so I bought it through them. The pedal looks clean and new, except the display. There are these little scratches on it, I didn’t notice it until I got it under a brighter light. It’s works and everything, but I was curious if this has happened to any of you? Do new pedals sometimes have scratches like that?

To be clear, they are tiny, but a lot of them (and there is zero wear on any other surface, even the bottom) They don’t affect the readability of the pedal one bit. So should I ask for a replacement, or just chalk it up to things happen?
If you purchased it as, “Brand New” then it shouldn’t have scratches. Return it!
 #168026  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:34 pm
LazyLightning72 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:35 pm I was having my doubts with it so late, but FedEx just delivered my box of goodies from Sweetwater. I’ll take some pics when I get it all out and start putting it together.

On a side note,

If you purchased it as, “Brand New” then it shouldn’t have scratches. Return it!
Yea, I had my wife start the return/replacement process, since it was her prime account. The more I looked at it the more I thought, this isn’t right.
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #168041  by LazyLightning72

It’s going to be on its way back to amazon in the morning.

Went to get one from sweetwater, and of course they are out of them, lol

I have a email notification set up for when it’s back in stock. I’ll just make due with my Korg Combo Tuner/Metronome, till I get the PolyTune.
 #168043  by LazyLightning72

I looked to see if they had the regular size and it’s out of stock too. I’ll take whichever comes in first and I get an email for.

Sorry I haven’t posted any pics of the new gear yet, our ac died yesterday. As you can imagine living in the Southeast this time of year, it quickly becomes unbearably hot fast. Just couldn’t bring myself to mess with it last night. Fixed now, so I’ll be messing around with it some tonight.
:-)
 #168044  by Gr8fulCadi

That stinks. My AC also just went out, making a gosh-awful noise this past Friday. Soon as I got home from work too. Luckily I do HVAC for a living and it turned out to be a $23 capacitor. Very lucky that was the issue too.

Wait for the pedal, they should arrive soon. Best of luck!!
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #168046  by LazyLightning72

It ended up being the fan motor for our unit. Thank God we have a family friend who came out and fixed it Tuesday morning, and only charged us for the motor. It was brutally hot the night it happened. I looked at the temp inside before trying to get some sleep. It was bouncing back and forth between 85-86, tonight it’s back down to a nice cool 72.

I’ve never used Reverb, thanks for the heads up Bill!

Here are the current pedals, power supply, cables, etc...

The empty board, waiting for me to decide on placement
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #168047  by lbpesq

It can be argued that reverb.com has supplanted eBay as the top on-line resource for music equipment. Easy to use and they do a good job of protecting both buyer and seller. I’ve bought and sold on reverb quite a bit without any problems and usually find the best price there.

Bill, tgo.
 #168055  by LazyLightning72

Well the QTron+ is far and literally wide, the largest one I have so far. I’m fairly sure it’s bigger than the Delay and Distortion pedals combined.

Edit: After looking at the pic I posted it’s every bit bigger than both, with another mini to spare probably.

I’m glad I took the advice and got a larger board then I currently need. I can say I’m only going to have 4 or 5 tops, but that can always change.

I hooked them all up last night, to test if they were working correctly real quick before going to bed. Well 4 hours later I was convinced they worked fine, lol!

I will take a look into reverb, sounds like a good alternative, for when Sweetwater doesn’t have what I’m looking for. I mainly stay with Sweetwater, because their CS alone is outstanding. At least it has been for me, ymmv of course.

Edit #2: I have seriously considered going back to my original tuner pedal pick, the Korg's Pitchblack Chromatic tuner.
Sorry Edit #3: It doesn’t have to be a Polyphonic tuner. The Korg seems to get high marks, at least the Korg Pitchblack Advance does.
 #168078  by LazyLightning72

These are the two I’m choosing between:

1. Korg Pitchblack Advance Tuner Pedal
2. Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal with Bypass

Both get good reviews, the Boss seems to be the slightly more favored, but is it really $20.00 better? Not trying to be a penny pincher, just not sure the added cost is worth it.

Have a great weekend folks!
 #168079  by PurpleTrails

It's a tuner; don't overthink it. The Boss TU-3 is sort of the old school default tuner, and is well-nigh indestructible. But I think the Pitchblack is likely more accurate, and you're not touring.

Alternatively, you can save some bucks and either use a headstock tuner or smartphone app to do it. The main minus of those is that they can be problematic to use in a group setting when there is ambient noise. But if you only have to worry about the noise you're making they work fine.
LazyLightning72 liked this