#167049  by zkinard

Wanting to adjust gain on preamp of my Eastwood Wolf. When I open up the back control panel on my Eastwood Wolf, what specifically am I looking for as far as where I would dial back the gain on the internal preamp? I know a few have mentioned they dialed there's back from factory setting and starting to think mine needs a bit dialing in. Any help appreciated. Picture would be helpful if possible. Kindly.
 #167055  by zkinard

Finally had a chance to take a few shots of the wiring of my Eastwood Wolf this weekend. Still hoping for some advice about how/where to dial back gain of the preamp. Hoping these pics are viewable as I tried to link to them from my Google Drive. Forgot this board doesn't allow uploads from hardrive. Cheers - Zach

#167058  by lbpesq

Hi, Zach. It’s a little difficult to see what’s going on in there as the wires are blocking the view. What you are looking for is a trimpot. Move the wires around and look for something that can be adjusted with a small screwdriver. It will often look like a small blue box with a white adjustment screw. I would note the position of the adjustment screw before any adjustment - even take a pic - so you can put it back where it was just in case you get the wrong trimpot. If you find the right onel, ( and it may be the only one in there), turning the adjustment screw to the left should lower the gain and vice versa. Good luck.

Bill, tgo
 #167059  by TI4-1009

Pretty sure the black box in the upper left is the buffer. Look for a small pot in it that has a slot that can be adjusted with a small screwdriver.