#166891  by zkinard

Wanted to ask the board here a few basic questions about the controls on my Eastwood Wolf that just arrived.

Link to Eastwood Wolf site w/ controls diagram (I presume this is prob. pretty common knowledge anyway around here):
https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/je ... lf-guitar/

Which positions do the coil tap switches need to be in to be in single coil....up or down? Similarly for the EX Loop switch--does left or right turn on the FX Loop? Is there any info about the 5 way pickup? Wanting to be clear about the position of the selector and what various pup combinations correspond to each position.

Thank you kindly for helping out a beginner,
Zach
 #166892  by lbpesq

Not sure about the answers to your questions as I have yet to see one of these Eastwood's in person. But it should be easy to figure it out.

Regarding the coil-taps, plug the guitar in, turn on the amp, and try playing with the switch in one position, then the other. You should hear one position to be "louder" and/or "fuller" in sound. The fuller position is humbucker, the thinner sounding position is single oil. If you are still not sure, with the guitar still plugged in and the amp turned up, take a small screwdriver and, using the metal/blade end, gently tap on each coil of a pickup. When in humbucker mode, you should hear the taps evenly on both coils. In single coil mode, you should hear taps on one coil, but not on the other.

As for the effects loop, set it up with an effect in the loop. Turn the effect on. With one position of the switch, you will hear the effect, in the other position you won't hear the effect. With the effect is the "on" position, without the effect is the "off" position.

Enjoy your new guitar!

Bill, tgo
 #166895  by tdcrjeff

And the 5-way pickup switch is going to act like a normal 5-way Strat switch:
Bridge, Bridge+Middle, Middle, Middle+Neck, Neck
 #166896  by jgraum

On my Eastwood Wolf, when the switches are in the "up" position, they(pickups) are fully on. When they are "down" that is the coil tap.

I haven't used the effects loop yet.
 #167324  by Diggey

Did anyone out there who bought the Eastwood Wolf have any wiring issues or problems with the OBEL? Mine is not working. I plugged in both inputs and have the right plugs in the right place and I can very faintly hear a signal when I turn the OBEL on. Like the guitar is sending a super super faint signal. If I flip it off the signal is super strong with no issues. It's not the cables or the box. When I take the back plate off the jack isn't making any noise when I touch it. Like there is no signal. I'm so frustrated. Thanks in advance.