#165985  by GeneralGoldilocks

Happy days between, yall. Here is a nugget that just popped up. I know the paradigm is all middle, a little bit of bridge for some twang, and rarely neck for jer bear, here he solos on the neck pickup starting at 3:40 or so forever! He did have a Super 2 in the neck, though, so honestly, it would sound pretty similar to the middle, maybe a little throatier. Sounds killer, though. Peace out. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lpgr6X7o50[/youtube]
 #165989  by Jblue76

I was surprised to see how much time he spent on the neck pup at the meet up at the movies the other night. I think it was June 17, 1991.
pablomago liked this
 #166089  by pablomago

Jblue76 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:49 am I was surprised to see how much time he spent on the neck pup at the meet up at the movies the other night. I think it was June 17, 1991.
I noticed the same thing seeing the movie today. (Our local theater did an "encore" showing)
 #166096  by Lephty

I'm sure there are a lot of factors (guitar, amp, pups, etc.) but my personal experience is that as I get higher up in register, the middle pickup position starts to get too thin, so I tend to switch over to the neck position for soloing in the upper register.
 #166099  by joshq

Lephty wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:23 am I'm sure there are a lot of factors (guitar, amp, pups, etc.) but my personal experience is that as I get higher up in register, the middle pickup position starts to get too thin, so I tend to switch over to the neck position for soloing in the upper register.
This has very much been my experience also.