#162380  by Winterland

Heading to duck 9-1 till 8th
Need to see some good music any thoughts much appreciated!
 #162382  by old man down

Funny you should mention it…

Duck is an Outer Banks retreat. I think I also stayed there first week of September, many years ago, … a step sister had a condo there, and she let her younger brother, me and another friend use it for a week… free of charge. (I think)

We started to go stir crazy after a couple of days. (what's there to do around here?)

So "light out and look all around."

Ocean City, Maryland is your friend. (Sort of like Asbury, Park, New Jersey.) 8) 8) :P :P :wink: :wink:
 #162383  by tcsned

We had a 25 year run at the Port O'Call in Kill Devil Hills. The bar owner passed away two years ago and the club was in probate for the last two years. It is reopened and having bands again, maybe next year.
 #162384  by old man down

Pardon me, Ocean City, MD is incorrect.

Virginia Beach, VA is your friend.

I think, in our exploring (because we got bored), we made it all the way to Newport News, VA; maybe had lunch there.

Then went back to Duck.

Lots of alcohol consumption at our little Outer Banks retreat. Very blurry memory.

Maybe even did it two years in a row. Have to ask my step-brother. Will get back.
 #162386  by Bobbyg

On Facebook, go to OBX at Night......that will show you every band playing while you are there. And most certainly, take your acoustic instrument on Wednesday to Art's Place in Kitty Hawk (10 minutes south of Duck on the beach road). A great guy and player named Monte runs an open mic there. Dive local bar with great burgers! Great group of musicians and Monte and his crew know a lot of Dead tunes and will jam with you....I've done it several times......great fun!

Bob from Baltimore
Last edited by Bobbyg on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #162387  by Bobbyg

tcsned wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm We had a 25 year run at the Port O'Call in Kill Devil Hills. The bar owner passed away two years ago and the club was in probate for the last two years. It is reopened and having bands again, maybe next year.
First and only time I saw "The Kind".....just stumbled in one night, and what? A Dead band!
tcsned liked this
 #162388  by tcsned

Bobbyg wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am
tcsned wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm We had a 25 year run at the Port O'Call in Kill Devil Hills. The bar owner passed away two years ago and the club was in probate for the last two years. It is reopened and having bands again, maybe next year.
First and only time I saw "The Kind".....just stumbled in one night, and what? A Dead band!
lol - I loved playing that club!

On another note, did Ben (flyingheelhook) profile your amp with his Kemper profiler? If so, I'm playing through your amp now . . . it sounds great! :hail: :hail: :hail:
flyingheelhook liked this
 #162389  by Bobbyg

tcsned wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am
Bobbyg wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am
lol - I loved playing that club!

On another note, did Ben (flyingheelhook) profile your amp with his Kemper profiler? If so, I'm playing through your amp now . . . it sounds great! :hail: :hail: :hail:
LOL.....yes MC50 ...JG-SMS....K120's.....glad to hear I am sounding great vicariously through you!
tcsned, flyingheelhook liked this