Place for the rest of the music
 #160241  by playingdead

We almost never rehearse, but it's always a hoot. Couple goofs. This was more of an impromptu first jam with a local bassist as our original bassist travels more frequently these days and we need Phil-ins more often, so to speak. He suggested playing this as the first tune. Nothing like diving right into the deep end!

No amps, might be moving toward in-ears. Lead and rhythm guitars both via Fractal AX8s direct. Me on a Tiger, rhythm is a Modulus Genesis. Keys direct -- Nord Electro Rack. Bass is a Modulus Quantum direct. One drummer on Roland V-drums, other acoustic kit with one overhead mic on it.

Comments welcome. This is one of those complicated tunes that we don't play quite right but since we never rehearse don't get the time to work out the bugs.

https://soundcloud.com/vicderobertis/he ... 18/s-268Uw
patdog liked this
 #160273  by playingdead

Thanks, man!

In a slightly related question, anyone know what Bob and Donna used to whisper/say during the verse?

Sounds like (on the Blues for Allah record):

I will pay (hush) day by day (dee-ya) anyway (hush) lock bolt and key
Crippled but free I was blind all the time I was learning to see (hee-ya)
strumminsix liked this
 #160280  by MattMan

That's what I'm hearing! Now you just got to play the Slip solo note for note (lol!). Here's my sloppy as hell attempt just to show the guys in my band that, yes, we often try to figure what Jerry actually played! Recap--you play and sing Help very well. Thanks for sharing!