Talk about the recent Tours
 #149228  by henrybacha97

I was wondering today how Dead and Company was going to distribute vocal duties for their upcoming tour, as well as how they were going to manage the harmonies on their songs. During the reunion this summer, the band had one above average singer (Trey) and one very good singer (Bruce Hornsby) to provide some heft on the harmonies that Bobby and Phil weren't able to provide. However, I don't know about harmonies for Dead and Company. Obviously, John Mayer has a good voice and will help out, but who else is singing other than Bobby? Does Oteil Burbidge sing at all? Or Jeff Chimenti? I don't remember him singing at any of the Furthur shows I saw, and he didn't sing during the shows this summer. Also, are we figuring that John is going to take lead vocals on any Jerry songs that the band plays? Bob was singing a lot of those tunes this summer.
 #149251  by WildEye

Loathe to say it, but they gotta be better than Phil. And I was very impressed with Bruce at the CA shows. Note: I love Phil but I have to say when riding in my car my wife (not a head but can name any song) she always asks "why do they let him sing". I say that's not the point.
PS - not trolling to defend or defile Phil - just a comic comment.
 #149271  by Mr.Burns

WildEye wrote:Loathe to say it, but they gotta be better than Phil. And I was very impressed with Bruce at the CA shows. Note: I love Phil but I have to say when riding in my car my wife (not a head but can name any song) she always asks "why do they let him sing". I say that's not the point.
PS - not trolling to defend or defile Phil - just a comic comment.
She's right to question the judgement of anyone that lets Phil sing, he's a terrible singer. There I said it. Everybody was already thinking it anyway. And yeah, who cares? Hell, who even cares who's playing guitar? Apparently it no longer matters.