#145419  by Dwarf Rat

I have a blue PRS SE I got for my son about 12 years ago. It would make a fine Jerry style guitar with the three Dimarxios and the
Inboard loop.

Who on the West Coast has experience with this mod?

My usual guy is Butch in SLO, but he is a big fan of Frailins, and I don't believe he has tackled this sort of thing.

And... I got nine nosebleed tix from a friend for the Soldier Fieldshows. My son and I finally get to see the Dead, albeit without the Man on guitar. He was 8 when Jerry crossed over to the Other Side. He asked me while a Teen why I never took him to see them. It was a difficult answer. Having seen them from 1972 to 1885, I felt like I had seen some of the best shows and years and wanted to keep it that way. I have tickets, rt airfare, and a free place to stay. Just waiting for the possible West Coast shows to appear in the real world. A good friend who saw many of the same shows before we met is meeting us in Chcago.

Thanks in advance for any information.
 #145423  by TI4-1009

Brian is in Wyoming. Not eactly the coast, but...

http://www.iocustomguitars.com/
 #145424  by ccw3432

I'm in central California and would be glad to do it for you. I'm over in Three Rivers. I've done several Jerry mods with all the fixins'. Feel free to send me a pm or contact me through my website if you're interested.

www.WaldschmidtGuitars.com

Chris
 #146634  by Dwarf Rat

Delivering the guitar this weekend.

In other news, my son got four general admission tickets for one West coast show. So, we get to see them four times, once in California and all three in Chicago. All for less than the price of a new Martin HD 28.
 #146802  by ccw3432

I got it finished yesterday. Matt decided to go with a cocobolo pickup surround and push/pull knobs for the coil taps.

- Three Super 2's
- Wald Electronics buffer
- Freeway 6-way switch replaced the Gibson style 3-way switch. Pickup combination options include: neck, middle, bridge, neck/bridge, neck/middle, middle/bridge
- Cocobolo pickup surround
- OBEL
- Push/pull volume pot to coil tap middle pickup
- Push/pull master tone pot to coil tap neck and bridge pickups
- Mini switch to activate effects loop
- Installed a battery compartment
- Blocked the tremolo and made a new tremolo cavity cover.

Here's some photos. The first one is the Before photo.

#146807  by TI4-1009

Nice work Chris!
 #147045  by Dwarf Rat

I picked up Wednesday with my sidekicks, Wellington and Huckleberry. Huckleberry managed to eat Foxtails when I went to get my lunch. His visit to the emergency vet to remove two from his tonsils cost as much as the guitar.

Anyway, the guitar is heavier now with the additions of the three pickups, battery, dual output jack and such.

The sound is Dead on. The guitar has a six way switch with combinations of bridge-middle, bridge-neck, and neck- middle. Using the push/pull switches on the volume/tone pots, there are six combinations with single or double coils times two. I can also mix single and double coils. Seems like there is a total of nine distinctly different possibilities.

If you are interested in Jerryfication, Chris works fast and professionally.

Give him a call.

Matt
 #147148  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Troy Post is working on a PRS SE Custom Semi Hollow for me. I'll post pictures as well. Yours turned out great!! Love the pickup ring!
 #161619  by Dwarf Rat

It’s been three long years. In that time I have been playing a custom Strat with a Tele Bridge pup, an SG with Throbak PAFs, a PRS double cut with soap bars, and today I decided to just use the Jerryfied PRS.

I plugged it into my Victoria Tweed Deluxe with a TC T2 Reverb pedal. My ‘58 Tweed Deluxe is in my Brother’s house for the blues band. The Victoria is brighter and a bit louder. Chris did an outstanding job with the wiring, set up, and such. Today the guitar just sang. I got Tele tones, sweet Gibson sounds, and even turned up to just 3, right purty Jerry sounds. We stick to earlier Dead tunes, from the first album all the way to SkullFuck mixed with country, Ry Cooder, Hot Tuna, and jamming. The addition of a good pedal steel player has really improved our sound.
Going to see DSO in Ojai on the 23rd and then High Sierra Music Festival on the 4th. I hope to see some of you there.