When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #139651  by tcsned

Bobbybriand wrote:Shit you got me beat by a hair in all overdrive pedals youve been through. LOL I do have an EH big muff too. Your playin is awesome fast as hell. Was I right were u using mixolydian when u started scribbling I only could see upside, Yeah what I was sayin in the middle pup slot with a split bucker and an HM-2 you can nail any jerry lead when he rocked it out. I have four settings on the level.distortion,and low n high flavour marked in nail polish 4colors. One for Samson,Deal,Miracle and Morning Dew. Other songs will fit into one those four categories. I am however gonna check out the earthdrive at sarno.
The Earth Drive is badass, many good recommendations on this board. As to scales - everything was in the key signature of D major - I believe I was moving around between E-Dorian, G Lydian, and A-Mixolyidan though it all start blending together.
 #139653  by Bobbybriand

Yeah I caught your style when you went high up the neck. Very fast good job man.
 #140231  by TRG

tcsned wrote:
TRG wrote: Ok, just purchased one online. Thanks for all the info!
Sweet!! Let me know what you think.
So I've had a chance to play around with the new pedal in practice and at a gig and I really like that pedal! I feel like it doesn't color or add really anything artificial to your sound. It was very easy to dial in the sound that I was looking for and I found that it's dynamic as well...meaning that you can pick lightly and your not getting crushed with the effect, but the more you lean into it, the more you get. With some pedals it doesn't matter how lightly you pick, your still getting heavy effect. I didn't feel that way with this pedal...and maybe that's all having to do with it not coloring your sound.

I think folks may find that it does not have the authentic Jerry distortion sound, BUT it gives me exactly what I'm looking for in the sound of my Jerry rig...good stuff! Thank again for all of the info! :cool:
 #140248  by tcsned

I'm glad you like it. It's a badass pedal IMHO. It's one of the few that hold up at stage volume that I've used - the Earth Drive is the other. Those two pedals are all gain I'll ever need.
 #140264  by TRG

tcsned wrote:I'm glad you like it. It's a badass pedal IMHO. It's one of the few that hold up at stage volume that I've used - the Earth Drive is the other. Those two pedals are all gain I'll ever need.
Yup, I have the Earth Drive on constantly, then when I want to bump up the gain I kick in the distortion (which is now the T-Rex).