#139523  by jmfranc
 Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 pm
Building a 11 pedal looper with buildt in buffer. I will need 22 cables all about 15 feet. I'll make my own cables but anyone have a cheap alternative? Just needs to be two shielded wires in an outer cover right? What have people used that works fine? Just can't sink $250 into proper cables. I'd love to make all of these for under $100
 #139524  by tatittle
 Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 pm
I got a great deal on Goerge L sets on ebay, though it took awhile. I haven't had any probs with them yet and I have had issues with regular cables and Monster etc. I could pay retail for them, but I got a bunch for under $100. after waiting awhile, so you may get lucky.
Its really nice to be able to select custom length and just cut an inch off if connection probs develop.
 #139546  by jmfranc
 Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:13 am
I know. That's what interests me. Custom lengths and easy fixes. Though, knock on wood, I haven't had a bad cable in lots of years.

I read someone talking about using microphone cable which is cheaper. it's twisted and shielded and so I might give it a try.
 #139661  by Mr.Burns
 Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm
Snakes can, depending on length, number of channels, type of plugs used, etc., get very heavy when coiled and are extremely difficult to transport and store. As someone who deals with them often I felt obligated to share that.
 #140303  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:46 am
Mr.Burns wrote:Snakes can, depending on length, number of channels, type of plugs used, etc., get very heavy when coiled and are extremely difficult to transport and store. As someone who deals with them often I felt obligated to share that.
Not really heavier than 22 different 15' cables though! :shock:
 #140307  by zambiland
 Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:12 pm
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Mr.Burns wrote:Snakes can, depending on length, number of channels, type of plugs used, etc., get very heavy when coiled and are extremely difficult to transport and store. As someone who deals with them often I felt obligated to share that.
Not really heavier than 22 different 15' cables though! :shock:
Snakes are difficult to store and transport only once you get to big ones. As in dozens of feet long. I deal with them often both as PA snakes (including 32 channel splitter snakes) and sub snakes I use for my bass rig. Snakes are great as long you get good cable with reliable construction.