#132811  by zambiland

In Jerry's rig there's a speaker at the bottom of his stack, looking more like a WoS speaker, but with an interesting looking cone structure. Any ideas of what this is? Definitely not a JBL or anything else I recognize from back in the day.
 #132821  by zambiland

You can see it in the back right of this image, right behind Billy. It's a little unclear in this shot, but at least it gives you an idea where to look when viewing the video. There's also a pretty good shot of it when the stage is being set up.

#132822  by TI4-1009

Looks at least 15"- would that really have been part of Jer's rig???
 #132841  by zambiland

My guess is that the cabinet stage right of the weird speaker is a Sunn 2000S for Phil's sound. So, it's probably not a Phil speaker. Also, if you manage to find a good shot in the movie, you'll see the cone has a very different structure. I'd see no reason to use anything but a D140 for a Phil speaker at that time.

Hm.
 #132850  by gr8fullfred

It is at least a 15" speaker and is probably not used for Jerry, and was probably used for Phil's bass.

Just my guess, but Jerry was using the multiple twins with 12" speaker. Not sure if Jerry ever used a 15"speaker. Seems like once Jerry found the JBLs, he was hooked.
 #132897  by ugly rumor

Ok, I'll try again. That silver around the cabinet reminds me of the old Electro-voice cabinets. That's where I put my money, and I'm sticking to it this time!
 #133005  by tatittle

older EV sounds good to me too, SP15 model. It looks like it has a whizer cone, which EV used alot back in the day, and they are to extend the high freq response (which doesnt mean its not for Phil etc., but reduces liklihood). I saw a pic with some kind of inverted cone installed in a Jerry cab once too...the magnet on those is in front of the cone rather than behind the frame. Probably just experimenting as usual, with 3 reg JBL's it would probly be a subtle difference.