#131794  by James-T

For anyone who was a curious as I was to what you can do with an AXE FX (Ultra in my case), I put together a little demo to show its potential for allowing the creativity to flow easily. While I love my analog rig I could have never made this video with it laying down just two tracks, basically in one to two takes each. Its recorded direct out of the Fractal into my Macbook Pro through a Tascam 1800 multi-track interface. I've had the Fractal for about 8 weeks now. Steep learning curve at first but it quickly becomes old hat if you put some time into reading up on it.

The entire thing was shot on my IPhone. You are seeing my trusty PRS CU22 and for this recording and it stayed in a blend mode (position 2) between my neck Dragon II PU in single coil and the middle Dual Sound in humbucker mode for both tracks - it's the sweet spot on for this guitar. You are also hearing Waldo's preamp which gives the guitar an almost acoustic sound on some of the clean passages. Also interesting is none of the patches used a twin reverb amp model (except perhaps for space). There are a variety of amps modelled including a Mesa Clean Channel, Bogner Shiva Clean Channel and a Deluxe Reverb. :smile:

http://youtu.be/9bh-4q73_s8

And thanks to Vic for his IR's. They are used almost entirely throughout the 10-12 patches I've plugged into my playing here.

Peace,

James
 #131796  by NSP

Well done James, really enjoyed that. Nice production work, great improv and tones.

Think I need to jump over to Archive now to dial up a nice '69 or '70 Dark Star to keep it going.

Thanks for sharing.
 #131935  by James-T

Hey now,

Thanks for the kind words! I'm with you on those early Bobby/ Jerry riffs from 69/70. :-)

Peace,

James
 #131938  by James-T

Btw, NSP,

Awesome website and great video!

Saw some great shows in your neck of the woods in the early 80's - good ole Alpine Valley.