When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #130622  by Tennessee Jedi

mgbills wrote:Those who don't dance to Grateful Dead music are missing out on one of the Great Eternal Joys granted at the beginning of time.
Just my opinion...Man!

Peace
M
:lol:
well sometimes I get up and shuffle around
Dancing .... when you can get them dancin' you are on to something / nothing better than seeing peps dance to your band ...man !
:-)
 #130625  by mgbills

That is exactly it Tennessee Jedi! Exactly.

Bringing people a song to sing out loud is amongst the highest human positives. But if they sing out loud, and dance until they've got nothing left...you're delivering some Universal Awesomeness :smile: :smile: :smile:

Joy. Happiness. Peace. Celebration. Revelry. Bacchanalia. Love. But I digress....
 #130627  by gmchart

Ssix, you're right, all was in jest and said with a smile. He's a great kid, I posted it 'cause it cracked me up. In our family a cheap shot not taken, is a cheap shot wasted.
 #130628  by strumminsix

gmchart wrote:Ssix, you're right, all was in jest and said with a smile. He's a great kid, I posted it 'cause it cracked me up. In our family a cheap shot not taken, is a cheap shot wasted.
NICE! I don't your family but I like them :)
 #132060  by easytoslip

mgbills wrote:Those who don't dance to Grateful Dead music are missing out on one of the Great Eternal Joys granted at the beginning of time.
Just my opinion...Man!

I started boogying a couple years into the Big Bus Trip...maybe '83. I remember some outdoor gig, tons of people. I think at that point I was still inclined to stay in my seat . I may (likely) have been inebriated, and it probably wasn't Miller in a cup. All of a sudden my butt was going back and forth of it's own volition. I don't think I noticed it at first. After a while I thought..."Self you probably look like an idiot." OMG, I'm self-conscious just thinking about it. Feeling very self-conscious I looked left and right, down long rows of happy hippies. I do believe (honestly) to this day that as far as I could see ...every single butt was doing the same exact dance. The butts were a myriad of different shapes and sizes, but ... they were all doing the same thing.

Ultimately it set me free and let my Freak Flag Fly. Nobody gives a fuck what a 6' tall- 210 lb- hairy beast is doing, unless the sweat is actually invading their personal space, or the elbows are causing physical pain. word I was never going to challenge Brad Pitt for the cover of Vogue anyway, so WTF. So now I dance at weddings. This was a disturbing event a year ago when my younger son got married. Likely his in-laws found it deeply disturbing when my side got up and began dancing like crazy people to Scarlet>Fire, and sang Wild Rover (The Pogues) at the top of our lungs. We're all hard-working & job holding folks. OK in my family it was Billy Joel's New York State of Mind I occasionally even make meetings in a tie, although a t-shirt & shorts is my preferred work attire. But we do have this one odd behavior...or maybe more than one.

RambleRamble....Dancing frees the Soul. Dancing to Jerry nourishes the soul. What better way to celebrate a wedding. And those who don't get it...are missin' out!
Peace
M
:D
 #132061  by easytoslip

Just my opinion...Man!

I started boogying
yiss
 #132062  by easytoslip

Tennessee Jedi wrote: nothing better than seeing peeps dance to your band
oh I dunno, I counter with having a teleprompter up front to feed me lyrics when the words escape me; those elusive little words