#98000  by jdsmodulus

Matthew Kelly and Ebay are doing a Jerry Garcia Auction in early June. This Alembic and what seems to be a JG practice amp! Details soon! :cool:
Jerrygarciaguitar.com
 #98046  by Thanwarin

It's true! jdsmodulus scooped me (thanks for your help) on posting the news in this forum. We are just now starting to get word out concerning the auction of Jerry Garcia's Alembic #72-13 nicknamed Lucky #13. Any help you can provide by reposting this info on your Facebook page, website, Twitter or email would be greatly appreciated. This is a grass roots promo effort for a good cause.

Virtually all proceeds from this auction will benefit Matthew Kelly's non-profit Amicus. Amicus does amazing work here in Thailand helping Burmese and Laos refugees living along the borders of Thailand.

The auction will be on eBay. Start time June 5, 2011 at 19:00 PST and ends one week later June 12, 2011 at 19:00 PST

More details of Matthew's relationship with the GD family, rare photos of Matthew, Bob, and Jerry, video, and info concerning the auction and Amicus are available here;
http://www.jerrygarciaguitar.com

Email: todd@jerrygarciaguitar.com
Twitter account: JGarciaLucky13
 #98777  by Thanwarin

" I believe that musical instruments, especially those made out of wood - cellos, violins, guitars, I believe that they resonate, musically, even when they're not being played. They have a memory. Every note that's ever been played on them is still inside of them, resonating in the molecules of the wood."

#99239  by Thanwarin

Just a quick not to remind everyone....

Auction ends 19:00 PDT June 12, 2011 (This Sunday)

Auction includes Jerry's Fender Harvard amp that he used to warmup before shows.

To view the auction or place a bid visit the Jerry Garcia Lucky #13 listing on eBay; http://bit.ly/mFgN3M

Thanks for looking from all us at Amicus.
 #129035  by BigBoyPete

Does anyone know if PRS has a custom 24 stoptail? Or if they will make you one (not private stock, just that one change)? I guess the one positive of the trem would be, after locking it down, I would have more room to put in the buffer and battery etc. Any thoughts of ideas are appreciated.
 #129046  by WharfRat42

BigBoyPete... uh... wrong thread? In response to your question though, they release limited run editions with a stoptail bridge. I have no idea whether they are being run right now, but they have been and will be. Also scan the artist series, you might find something good to work with that would fit into what you're looking at.