Chat about Equipment Info
 #110452  by guitarcats
 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:17 pm
have received their Jerry guitar, Phiga or Moriarty or AO please post a damn video! The rest of us want the goods baby!
 #110454  by Adam Deckard
 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 pm
I would love to see a vid of the AO wolf that things SIIICK. The cocbolo stuff on it makes it look so nice. Waldo you could showcase the moriarty tiger for us since so fat all we have online is that metal thrasher guy playing ac/dc on an alembic and a guy with a star trek alembic playing some stuff that isn't really jerry esque. A phig wolf vid would be nice too there is one on youtube but is too closeup and doesnt really show off the guitar much.
 #110455  by waldo041
 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Moriarty Tiger(Middle Super 2 single coil TPC1 Preamp) into an
SMS Classic Tube Preamp ( Jerry Post Alembic Mods + Waldo Output Jerry Mod ) into a
Crest VS450 into
2 JBL E120's

I modded the output coupling capacitor in the SMS with the input impedance of the Crest amp to get the right Jerry Flavor corner Frequency for the R/C Filter (High Pass). This is me testing this theory out with more of the low end stuff. I will try and get one with the MC2100 when i get some things done with it i am working out.

peace,
waldo
 #110485  by lunasparks
 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 am
Video from first day with my Moriarty Wolf. Posted before in another thread. It's short but should give you an idea...

#110493  by tcsned
 Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 am
Sweet sounding guitars guys! Congrats to you both
 #110545  by guitarcats
 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:26 am
Thank you gentleman for those very sweet videos. Now we are just waiting fot the AO wolf and Phiga tiger :cool:
 #110557  by TI4-1009
 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am
Love to help you out, but I'm just not that good that I'd enjoy posting a clip of my dysfunctional noodling. Plus- being an old fart- I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about doing it.

Jerry could make a Sears Silvertone sound like a $10,000 guitar (and I can do the reverse :oops: ). For me- I've been in love with the Tiger since, oh, about 1979, and I just wanted to have something that looked (almost) that beautiful. Added bonus- it's a guitar and is a higher quality guitar than anything I've owned (including my American Telecaster and my former Ric 360/12).

If I had to make a direct comparison with something I've played, I think it would be the Gibson Firebird I had in the 60's.
 #126950  by augustwest1
 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 am
Don't know if anybody is still interested. . . . but I'd be happy to post of video of my Moriarty Wolf in action (though it would be made with a digital camera, so who knows what it will sound like).

Let me know...
 #126965  by guitarcats
 Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm
augustwest1 wrote:Don't know if anybody is still interested. . . . but I'd be happy to post of video of my Moriarty Wolf in action (though it would be made with a digital camera, so who knows what it will sound like).

Let me know...

Hells yeah man let it rip :cool:
 #126975  by augustwest1
 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm
Here goes. I recorded this with a compact digital camera and its tiny built-in mic, so it doesn't exactly capture the tone of the guitar which is, incidentally, the nicest guitar I've ever played...