#125207  by Chuckles

Dude, I'm not butt or otherwise hurt about the FB thing. Get over yourself.

I am "friends" with dozens of users here and have gotten to know them more personally via FB; know their families, celebrate their successes, sympathize with their struggles... It's actually nice to reach out to one's brothers. These folks have been a huge source of support and encouragement over the past year. Of course, you wouldn't know why, because you choose to live in your insular little world where you can sit in judgement of everyone from your perceived position of superiority while bitching about how much effort you put into RUK and how much some posters inconvenience you, then minimizing your role.

Dude, you wanted an open season on calling things out. There ya go.
 #125208  by Chuckles

hippieguy1954 wrote:
Chuckles wrote:Matter of fact, you are the only member to fail to accept my FB friend request...
You sent out 4262 FB friend requests?????? :roll: I didn't get one? :lol:

Total members 4362
Lol. Didn't say I sent requests to everyone... Just that everyone I did contact (or, who contacted me) has resulted in accepted requests. You can certainly find me, as there's only one Chuck Caspari on FB!
 #125209  by tigerstrat

summing up:

Garcia
Cosmic Charlie
Row Jimmy
Passenger
Weather Report pt I
Rooster
Walkin' Blues
Highway 61 Revisited
isolated instances of Hard To Handle

Weir
Althea
If I Had The World To Give
Brother Esau
CC Rider
Minglewood
Stagger Lee
U.S. Blues
Black Peter
Rooster
Werewolves of London
Kansas City
Liberty
Lazy River Road
isolated instances of Row Jimmy, NFA, Scarlet> Fire

what'd I forget?
 #125215  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:Dude, I'm not butt or otherwise hurt about the FB thing. Get over yourself.

I am "friends" with dozens of users here and have gotten to know them more personally via FB; know their families, celebrate their successes, sympathize with their struggles... It's actually nice to reach out to one's brothers. These folks have been a huge source of support and encouragement over the past year. Of course, you wouldn't know why, because you choose to live in your insular little world where you can sit in judgement of everyone from your perceived position of superiority while bitching about how much effort you put into RUK and how much some posters inconvenience you, then minimizing your role.

Dude, you wanted an open season on calling things out. There ya go.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My insular world = the real world, not Facebook. I judge people no more or less than anyone else.
 #125224  by tigerstrat

Pete B. wrote:I recall seeing Jerry playing slide with JGB at Brendan Byrne Arean in '89.
I think this was the show (I remember it was Sept)... but don't remember what song he played slide on...:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jerry-gar ... d260e.html
Weird... was it Masterpiece maybe?
 #125226  by Tennessee Jedi

tigerstrat wrote:summing up:

Garcia
Cosmic Charlie
Row Jimmy
Passenger
Weather Report pt I
Rooster
Walkin' Blues
Highway 61 Revisited
add this one

I have a '73 Truckin' where Jerry slides it up in the jam after the tune ....
 #125228  by tigerstrat

add whatever the vid is.

Hard To Handle:
slide: up to 4/15/69
fretted intro; slide licks & solo: 4/18/69 to 6/22/69
fretted: 7/4-5/69
pedal steel: 7/11-12/69
fretted: 8/02/69 and on
 #125231  by Tennessee Jedi

tigerstrat wrote:add whatever the vid is.

Hard To Handle:
slide: up to 4/15/69
fretted intro; slide licks & solo: 4/18/69 to 6/22/69
fretted: 7/4-5/69
pedal steel: 7/11-12/69
fretted: 8/02/69 and on
Garcia

Blow Away JFK 7/7/1989
Cosmic Charlie
Row Jimmy
Passenger
Weather Report pt I
Rooster
Walkin' Blues
Highway 61 Revisited
 #125238  by JonnyBoy

Mmmmm, love me some slide but my favorite slide tone is not very Jerry, but I wonder if he had a specific setting for slid playing? Crispy bright can be a train wreck....
 #125268  by gr8fullfred

I think it is pretty easy to tell who is playing slide..................

If it sounds good it is probably Jerry,

If it does not sound quite so good, it is probably not Jerry....................

Unless you are listening to 04-26-1971, in which case you are listening to the best BIODTL EVER.
And the slide player on that one is Duane Allman. This is, IMHO, the only time Jerry gets blown off the stage by another guitar player.