#125199  by tigerstrat

exactly 1:00 in... :x
 #125214  by ebick

some folks is jus there for the scene, man....

if'n yer-a talkin', then you ain't-a listenin'

It used to kill me when I would go see the Dead, and there would be people outside before the show desperately trying to score a ticket, and then when I went to take a piss, I'd see them sitting in a circle in the lobby. really?
 #125217  by strumminsix

That's messed up! I had friends that saw a show at Clearwater and said it was super intimate and that you could hear folks chatting and it was annoying.

Didn't Jorma have a set of rules??
 #125230  by Smolder

Bobby's not exactly background music for a social scene... I mean, if you want that cool... stay in the lobby.

I get how friends in a bar want to chat (and the band is too loud), but in a concert venue, and with a master on stage, show some f*cking respect.
 #125233  by ebick

I'm sorry....I just had to :)
 #125234  by strumminsix

seamones wrote:Still can't do a youtube post, but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Ho&t=5m10s
That is messed up. I watched most of it and gotta say he did try to get folks to settle down. It's a small room with acoustic designed for killer sound, not loudness and no way can he hear over hoots and hollars and no way can the rest of the folks enjoy the show. And frankly, at his age and experience, folks should chill and show some respect.
 #125244  by Dozin

Mark Karan just posted this on facebook

To make youtube work you only post the specific video code between the hashes, for instance on this particular video you click on the youtube tab and put this in between the hashes ew3AOlbJXos not the whole html link
 #125246  by Jimaroe

I was fortunate to see two Bobby acoustic shows in 2012 (Mishawaka amphitheater and Paramount Theater) In Colorado. Both relatively small venues. I have to say, for me, an absolute blast and I can't wait to see more this year. I HOPE this kind of crap doesn't turn Bob off from future acoustic performances. If you haven't made it out to one of his acoustic shows, I strongly recommend it.
 #125260  by gr8fulbluz

I had that problem at the 9:30 club here in DC. I wanted to see the opening band got there early got my favorite spot on the balcony near the upstairs bar. Fecking hipster chicks cackling at the bar behind me during the whole opening set, STFU. Although I know I have had people get pissed at me cause I can whistle, Loud. But not throughout the whole song, geeeezooo.

I think I saw Zappa threaten to walk off stage, He didn't in the end but i barely remember the show so i could be wrong.

{didn't get to watch the video but read the article} Rock on Bob.
 #125262  by rugger

I may be in the minority here, but that was a pretty uninspired performance that I found difficult to watch online. I probably would have been at the bar talking also. :oops:

john in san diego
 #125264  by eric

I was at a Kimock show last mont in Fall River where these two totally trashed chicks would not STFU. Kimock would take the dynamics way down , and all you'd here were these two skanks blabbing away. they didn't even know what show they were at . Luckily, but the second set they were both passed out in the chairs behind me .. I hate people talking at shows. Also Bonnamassa at PPAC . He plays LOUD , and this chick on her cell phone is trying to talk over the loudness for a solid 15 minutes and wouldn't STFU, she ended up getting heckled so bad she left the show for the night. Thank god . Ignorant people suck .