#125158  by Chuckles

Can't remember the specific shows, but bob played some sick slide on a few scarlet>fires from the transition on, I think circa '78-'80. It is the highlight of one of the Dick's Picks...

Also, Jerry always took a slide lead on CCR and Minglewood... Always.
 #125160  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:Can't remember the specific shows, but bob played some sick slide on a few scarlet>fires from the transition on, I think circa '78-'80. It is the highlight of one of the Dick's Picks...

Minglewood? Always? http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LV8nsV5S ... V8nsV5S-u0

I won't say never but I can't recall any and didn't find one one YouTube.
 #125166  by mijknahs

strumminsix wrote:
Chuckles wrote:Can't remember the specific shows, but bob played some sick slide on a few scarlet>fires from the transition on, I think circa '78-'80. It is the highlight of one of the Dick's Picks...

Minglewood? Always? http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LV8nsV5S ... V8nsV5S-u0

I won't say never but I can't recall any and didn't find one one YouTube.
I'm thinking Chuckles probably meant to say "Bob always...".
 #125171  by Chuckles

Nope... I'm just wrong about mingle wood... But near as I recall, always in CCR.

WTF is it with this community to be so fucking quick to want to jump on someone's ass for being wrong about something?

I mean... Who here is perfect?

The list of what weir plays slide on is woefully incomplete, and I was just trying to fill it out.
 #125172  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:Nope... I'm just wrong about mingle wood... But near as I recall, always in CCR.

WTF is it with this community to be so fucking quick to want to jump on someone's ass for being wrong about something?

I mean... Who here is perfect?

The list of what weir plays slide on is woefully incomplete, and I was just trying to fill it out.
How long should I have waited until calling it out?

Ideas get shared, people see differently, folks call others out. It happens. I'd have called you out in a bar if we were having beers so did here.
 #125184  by Chuckles

S6, you've got a way about you that reeks of presumption and self- gratification. I would not recommend calling folks out at a bar with your attitude, as you'll likely end up hurt. Seen you, and you're not that big a fella.

Instead of jumping all over a misstatement, you could, for example, come up with other examples of where Bob or Jerry actually played slide... There are many, I'm sure. But that's not you're style, evidently.

Just turn down your cocky self-assuredness a notch. I did a year or so back, and actually feel much the better person for it! :-)
 #125185  by tigerstrat

yeah that would have been good time to lock it, Hogan!

CC Rider solo order: Jerry light OD; Brent B-3> Bob distorted slide> Jerry distorted

Minglewood solo order: " "

just thought of another Weir slide number: If I Had The World To Give
 #125186  by Chuckles

Shit, maybe I've just got rooster stuck in my head? I tend to think of all those blues tunes as wastes of time anyway... :oops:

Have you ever listened to the sound
Of street cats making love?
Sounds a lot like weir playing a blues slide solo...
 #125188  by jeffm725

Walkin Blues: Believe it or not from without a net era on Weir did not play slide. All slide was jerry with weir doing some cool stuff that sometimes sounded slide-ish:

#125190  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:S6, you've got a way about you that reeks of presumption and self- gratification. I would not recommend calling folks out at a bar with your attitude, as you'll likely end up hurt. Seen you, and you're not that big a fella.

Instead of jumping all over a misstatement, you could, for example, come up with other examples of where Bob or Jerry actually played slide... There are many, I'm sure. But that's not you're style, evidently.

Just turn down your cocky self-assuredness a notch. I did a year or so back, and actually feel much the better person for it! :-)
You don't know me and you've never seen me in real life.
In fact it's laughable to think size matters in most fights let alone A debate between Dead heads.

You claim to be reformed but in reality you are not or none of this would happen.

So stop judging, reading in, and being argumentative.

How about instead you be a man, admit a mistake and move forward in life instead crying about it and then calling the guy names who corrected you.

Ps- you should reexamine your Looks Like Rain quote above for accuracy.
 #125200  by Chuckles

Btw, I think I actually did admit my error. Now, I feel so manly! 8)

Dude, check the Cream Puff War forum YOU created, defending my maidenhood 5 years ago. I don't consciously try to b a dick to anyone; have good personal relationships with a lot of people - if not most everyone - here online; and have great personal friendships with every member I've met in person and/or jammed with. So, please don't impugn my reputation with your wild-ass accusations.

Matter of fact, you are the only member to fail to accept my FB friend request... You are not apparently a very warm and welcoming person at times.

I know how much work you put into this place, and it's greatly appreciated. That said, I think maybe the whole thing is getting into your head and taking it to a negative place...

Jesus, we're talking about lame blues tunes here. Oy.

And, I've seen plenty of pics of you to know how big you are (or, aren't)... Certainly no physical threat intended, but rather a joke offered that wasn't taken well (or, perhaps, not well-delivered!). Chill, man.
 #125203  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:Btw, I think I actually did admit my error. Now, I feel so manly! 8)

Dude, check the Cream Puff War forum YOU created, defending my maidenhood 5 years ago. I don't consciously try to b a dick to anyone; have good personal relationships with a lot of people - if not most everyone - here online; and have great personal friendships with every member I've met in person and/or jammed with. So, please don't impugn my reputation with your wild-ass accusations.

Matter of fact, you are the only member to fail to accept my FB friend request... You are not apparently a very warm and welcoming person at times.

I know how much work you put into this place, and it's greatly appreciated. That said, I think maybe the whole thing is getting into your head and taking it to a negative place...

Jesus, we're talking about lame blues tunes here. Oy.

And, I've seen plenty of pics of you to know how big you are (or, aren't)... Certainly no physical threat intended, but rather a joke offered that wasn't taken well (or, perhaps, not well-delivered!). Chill, man.
So you are all butt-hurt that I didn't accept your Facebook request? We don't know each other that's why!

You should take the advice you give out and give what you want yo get.

For the record, I do jack shit here less delete spam and the like. I don't host, create forums, backups, etc. Nothing about this place is mine to brag about.
 #125206  by hippieguy1954

Chuckles wrote:Matter of fact, you are the only member to fail to accept my FB friend request...
You sent out 4262 FB friend requests?????? :roll: I didn't get one? :lol:

Total members 4362