Now, only if it had reverb...
There are ways..... :-)

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/reverb.html
 #124518  by TI4-1009

Check these out- variable power reduction for cathode and fixed bias amps:

http://skipzcircuits.com/index.html
 #124532  by kurt eye

barefootdave wrote:
I have a Line 6 SpiderJam at home now, and really like it. Lots of fun backing tracks (recorded by actual studio pros) mp3 input that I route to the headphone jack of my laptop to jam with the shows on my external HD or with YouTube. It's easy to adjust the guitar volume to match the backing tracks or the stuff coming off the computer.
How is the Line 6 as far as tone/effects? Is it possible to come reasonably close to a jerry tone on a non-jerrified guitar? I'm a banjo player who is a total nube to the world of electric guitars. I'm learning a ton on this forum, but I still have many many stupid questions that I'll apologize in advance for.
 #124544  by TI4-1009

Yikes- $300 for reverb?? Plus I'll need more inputs! They suggest sending wet and dry into the two channels, and usually you jumper the two channels on a Deluxe.... worries worries worries....
 #124550  by tcsned

I picked up a TC Electric reverb pedal for about $100 for our rhythm guitarist who uses a reverb-less Boogie and it works fine. Not as nice as the one in the pic but good for the money.
 #124599  by eric

I see a lot of the guys over on TGP using the WET
 #124603  by Jon S.

To this day, after trying many alternatives, this pedal remains the best sounding reverb pedal I've ever played and 1 of the only 2 I've kept. Guyatone was sued by Lexicon, that's why the stopped making them and they command the relatively high prices they do today (if you can find one).

#124605  by gpilcher2001

I just set myself up with amplitube. I'm using an old ground control to control it. This program has some stuff in the free version and you can get the cabinet and effects through the custom shop to build a jerry rig. You cant get more bedroom than this! You can play this set up through anything you can plug an ipod into. Or your P.A.! Most flexible best sounding modelling gear I've heard to date. Greg...
 #124643  by AlabamaDidn'tGetAway

Right now I'm liking the Bassman setting on my little Mustang 1 with my parts tele w Bill Lawrence rails. Nice and fat warm Fender tone at conversational volume, just a touch of reverb. The rest is in the fingers.
 #124681  by TI4-1009

More info on the VRMs I mentioned above:

"Voltage regulation modules (VRM's) offer an attractive way to reduce the output volume of an amplifier while maintaining its tone. These units scale back the high DC voltage in an amp and can be applied to the entire DC voltage chain or just the power stage, depending upon how they are installed. Though VRM's are available for higher powered, fixed-bias amps, they are particularly well suited to cathode-biased amps, where the installation is much simpler. Once installed, a VRM will allow the user to get a "cranked" amplifier tone at a much lower output volume level, and are much less prone to "tone-sucking" than attenuators, which are often used for this same purpose. They're also much more convenient to use, since the VRM is installed right inside the amp chassis--no extra piece of gear & cables to hassle with.

Though several VRM's could be used with the Tweed Royal, this modification employs the Mini-Watt from SkipzCircuits.com for $35, including US shipping. This unit offers the additional feature of an integrated SPST switch in its power control pot so that the unit can be installed in place of the TR's power toggle switch, thus avoiding the need to drill another hole in the TR chassis for it."
 #124802  by jeager

+ 1 on the Amplitube application. I just downloaded the Fender Amps version last night, with a good pair of head phones and/or studio monitors hooked up to my computer it very good. Just take the fender 65 twin preset and boost treble and cut bass, crank up the verb a bit and your ready to go. Great way to play while listening to/transcribing parts from the recordings. As bedroom as you can get and simple to plug in and play...my real rig will be getting more rest at home.
 #124803  by lunasparks

jeager wrote:+ 1 on the Amplitube application. I just downloaded the Fender Amps version last night, with a good pair of head phones and/or studio monitors hooked up to my computer it very good. Just take the fender 65 twin preset and boost treble and cut bass, crank up the verb a bit and your ready to go. Great way to play while listening to/transcribing parts from the recordings. As bedroom as you can get and simple to plug in and play...my real rig will be getting more rest at home.
I have Amplitube via the iRig and mostly agree with above ... but fair warning: my buffered guitar won't work through the iRig for some reason. Strat hooks up just fine and I practice with it, especially outside during summer. Just a bummer that it doesn't work with my "real" guitar....