#122735  by hippieguy1954

I hope it works out. Wonder how they got it. Gotta watch out for GC, you know. I wish you the best of luck with it! I love my SMS Classic Pre Amp!
 #122736  by Pete B.

It's a no risk deal with GC.
30 day money back including shipping, and I just drop it off at the store.
I've never felt like I had to watch out for GC before... What do you mean?
I'd presume it passed the stolen merch hold period, no?
30 days to make sure it works.
Last edited by Pete B. on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #122737  by Tennessee Jedi

Im sure Brad has a record of all the builds and could find out if it was stolen and resold to GC .... someone prob just needed XMas money and sold it .....
I love to browse the Used GC page .... lots of stuff .... old stuff too
Have fun Pete
:smile:
 #122742  by hippieguy1954

I guess I just had a bad experience with GC. I bought a QSC power amp online from them (the closest GC store to me is about 3 hrs.). It was advertised as "store demo". When it arrived, it looked like it had been in and out of a lot of racks and generally beat up. So, I thought ok it's used. Then I hooked it up and it was DOA. Of course I shipped it back, but I had to drive 25 miles each way to the UPS location and pay the shipping.
At least you're close to a GC so if there is any problems (I hope there's not) it's no big deal, like you said. I hope I'm the only one who had a bad experience cause they sure have a lot of used gear, like Jedi said. Enjoy!
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #122743  by mgbills

Sweet Pete!
I'd be willing to bet that Brad could tell you in short order if it's the JB Mod version. If it's not, it's still a smokin' deal. It's a robust unit anyway, and I'd be willing to help with the mods if they're necessary.

I certainly wouldn't be too worried. If it works when you get it, anything is possible. Half price is always awesome, and you've already got all the other toys. Nice light rig with your Mosvalve. Awesome with your Mc's.

But you already know that...you played mine :smile: :smile: :smile:

Peace
M
 #123043  by Pete B.

Cool!
It works!
I have it set up with a 1x12 K120 cab, and MosValve 962.
Playing along with a few YouTubes, it sounds great!
It is a JG1 model.
It has "Arnold's Carnival" written on the top???...(anybody???).
it appears to be working perfectly, and arrived well packed from GC.
I was just messing around with Mattsons settings from a DSO vid of China Rider.
Funn Stuff!
Kudos to Brad!
:smile:
 #123062  by Jon S.

Nice find, TJ!