#117065  by al.hurst

Okay so some info just to clarify things for other people doing the same thing I am...
The CTS concentric 250k/500k/ pot is WRONG. I am buying an alpha 250k linear dual gang and 500k linear dual gang pots and swapping the bottom wafers out.

Some good info on this in this thread...
forum/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=12177&p=113 ... ha#p113002

Also, I decided to get in touch with someone to do the brass work for it because you have to have a mill to cut the pickup selector slot. I may get a 3-ply Brass/Black/Brass one and go all out. :D 8)

The pick-ups I'm using is a super distortion in the middle and a GFS pickup in the bridge, I havent decided yet but I may go with something with a different kind of tone, A bluesier tone since the middle super distortion is the jerry tone im looking for and he didn't use the bridge AS much. Also I have a GFS Vintage single coil pickup Im putting in the neck. I hopefully will end up getting another super distortion for the bridge and a lindy fralin in the neck single coil spot but thats later.. :cool:

Ive still got some work to do like mount the neck, (I got these brass neck insets that look like they work well), finish up the paint job and sheild her.
Peace yall!
 #117204  by al.hurst

Well heres a mock up of what shes going to look like when I am done...

Im getting a new tortise shell pickguard and some brass for it, I just one a super distortion on ebay that should come in soon.

As for the brass work, here is a picture the guy sent me of it almost done...

Everything is go as planned mwauhahahahaha :D 8) :cool:
 #117952  by al.hurst

Okay, I did the Alpha 250k/500k/ mod pot. I've got an extra one i would love to get ride of... any of you guys got some shielding paint or tape? Or just a couple bucks. PM me if you want it.
 #118090  by al.hurst

Also, If there is anyway to get this thread moved to the guitar construction fourm that would be useful, Because this has turned into more of a guitar build thread. Thanks, Alex.