name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #115955  by Linkslover

I'm the Linkslover. Been a Dead Head since I saw them in Champaign, Illinois in Feb., '73. Lost count at about 90 shows including, most recently, Furthur in Philadelphia last Saturday.

I've been "playing" at guitar for 35 years and the guys I started jamming with recently tell me that even though I think I'm a hack, I'm actually decent. I play through a Fender Lead, Yamaha accoustic and I recently picked up Strat HSS.

Most of my playing has been rhythm, but I've been trying to learn to play lead (lessons and playing almost every day). Still have a very long way to get the sounds in my head to come out of the guitar, but I am getting better.

My latest new toy is a Fender Princeton RI which I chose because of the size and power. The DRRI or TRRI would blow my ears off in the space I have.

I've posted once or twice, but I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the discussions and, particularly, getting advice from people who know a lot more about the equipment than I do.
 #115973  by tcsned

Welcome aboard! There's some cool folks here and a lot of knowledge about every aspect of playing music. enjoy!